Do you have a passion for helping those in need?
Do you enjoy helping people recovering from injury or illness?
Would you like to develop programs and policies that reduce cost, manage data, or look at the bigger picture of healthcare delivery in a town, region, or country?
Do you want to work with clients and companies to improve personal health and fitness through exercise and healthy living?
Students with an interest in health sciences are prepared to work in the health care settings including but not limited to: hospitals and other inpatient health care settings, outpatient clinics, health and fitness facilities (corporate, private and public), public health settings, medical offices, and corporations that work with health care institutions to improve their health care management systems.
Missouri Western majors that are related to this focus area include:
- B.S. Biology/Health Science Concentration
- B.S. Medical Laboratory Science
- B.S. Physical Education/Health and Exercise Science Concentration
- B.S. Physical Education/Personal & Commercial Fitness Concentration
- B.S. Health Information Management
- B.S.N. Nursing
- B.S.N. Nursing-RN Completion
- B.S. Population Health
- B.S. Respiratory Therapy
- B.S.W. Social Work
- A.A.S. Physical Therapist Assistant
Health Sciences Careers
Health Sciences Sample Plan
Please visit the Major/Minor Forms and Sample Programs website for more detailed information about each major!