The Construction Engineering Technology degree program has strong foundations in materials technology, surveying, CADD, construction estimating, mathematics, computers, basic and engineering sciences, and has an excellent blend of theory and practice of construction discipline. Coursework in Planning and Scheduling, Construction Management, Financial Aspects of Engineering Projects, and Structures including wood, masonry, concrete and steel is required. In addition, the students are required to take courses in soils and foundations, and mechanical and electrical systems.
The curriculum is designed to train students in the fundamentals of construction engineering technology principles via hands-on experimentation in a variety of laboratory settings, such as materials testing, manual and computerized estimating and scheduling, oral and written presentations, and applied learning exercises.
BS CET Program Educational Objectives:
- Possess the general knowledge of construction industry such as concepts, terminologies, basic and standard problem-solving techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce and utilize design, operation, and execution documents related to building and/or heavy construction industry.
- Function effectively in a group environment in the workplace through demonstration of technical and communication skills.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibilities, respect for diversity, and quality and continuous improvement.
BS CET Student Outcomes:
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
BS CET Program Statistics: