Persons 65 years of age and older may receive free tuition on undergraduate courses when they enroll as non-degree seeking students.

Fees and other expenses may apply.

Students enrolling under this status can choose to audit a course or take a course for credit while remaining non-degree seeking.

Non-degree seeking students are not required to meet prerequisites for 100 and 200 level courses. Courses that are at the 300 level and above require departmental approval. Registration dates for non-degree seeking students can be found here.

Senior citizens who want to pursue a degree and enroll as a degree-seeking student are not eligible for free tuition.

How to enroll

To sign up for classes, you need to:

  1. Submit a completed application for admission
  2. Register online through GoldLink or contact the Registrar’s Office for assistance at (816) 271-4211 or
  3. Contact the Office of Financial Aid to ensure correct fee assessment at (816) 271-4361 or
  4. Bring your driver’s license to the Office of Financial Aid and complete a tuition waiver form.