As a recipient of a privately contributed scholarship at Missouri Western State University, you are required to express your written appreciation to the donor who made it possible.
A personal note of thanks from you reinforces our efforts to assure the donor that his or her investment in Missouri Western is meaningful and appreciated. The tips provided below will assist you as you prepare your thank you letter.
- Express your gratitude for the scholarship, and tell the donor how the award will help you.
- You may want to include information about yourself, your major, your hometown, and any activities you are involved in on campus. It will help make your letter more personal.
- Be sure to include the date, a salutation and a proper closing.
- Use the words “thank you.”
- Be clear and concise.
- Check and re-check spelling, grammar and punctuation.
If you have questions, or need help composing your thank you note, please contact Angela Sanders in the Foundation Office at (816) 271-5653.