The Most Important Day of the Year

Hello!

Today is arguably the most important day of the year here at MWSU. It’s the day we officially start teaching students. It’s the day we start connecting with, mentoring, motivating and educating Griffons. I am so excited to begin this journey with you.

Sometimes we can forget that students are our job #1. It’s easy when there is so much swirl going on all around us. It’s easy to get distracted  by the uncertainty and sometimes it can become very difficult to balance all the demands on our time and energy.

But the minute I interact with our students, I experience a renewed sense of purpose. I’m immediately reminded that we make a difference. We have such an impact on the lives of our students every single day. Their enthusiasm and excitement is contagious. And whether they are a new student experiencing life on their own for the first time, a returning student eager to reconnect with peers and mentors, or a nontraditional student looking to improve themselves personally or professionally, they have one thing in common: they chose to be here at Missouri Western. They chose us. They trust us to help them succeed and achieve their dreams.

So today, let’s all come together to welcome our students back. Let’s come together to find ways to help them succeed. Let’s come together to remove barriers and provide the tools they need to complete their degrees and graduate. Because while the first day of classes is the most important day of the year to me, commencement is my favorite day. When that day comes, I look forward to celebrating their accomplishments with you and their friends and families.

Thank you again for all you do to help our students succeed. Have a wonderful start to the school year!

All the best,

Elizabeth