Kickoff Meeting Recap

Greetings!

Thank you to all of you who tuned in for our virtual kickoff meeting. In case you missed it, a link to the recording can be found here.

As we are gearing up for next week and the start of classes, I want to thank you again for your dedication to our students and Missouri Western. We have faced challenges none of us expected in the past year. Looking ahead, we still face challenges, and we can only overcome them if we work together and focus our energy on enrollment, retention and student success.

In order to achieve that goal, I believe it’s important to create opportunities for listening and learning. I want to identify problems and collaborate to find creative solutions. I will continue to meet with faculty and staff leadership and other members of the campus community. I will also commit to sharing updates with the campus community so we are all apprised of important factors that affect our University.

I also want to charge each of you with creating an environment within your various areas that fosters communication, teamwork and creative problem solving. We need to build trust and a collaborative spirit within our teams in order to tackle the challenges ahead. We can do this, but only if we work together.

I shared a video at yesterday’s kickoff that featured our students telling us what Missouri Western means to them. If you missed it, you can view it here. It’s a good reminder of why we are here and what we can accomplish if we work together toward common goals.

I also would like to share the link to the University’s COVID-19 webpage. As we welcome students back on campus, it is critically important that we are all familiar with the guidelines and expectations associated with a safe return to campus. The health and wellbeing of our campus community remains our priority, and we will continue to keep you updated as we respond to this fluid situation. 

As we spend this week getting ready for classes to begin and to commence the important mission of teaching and learning, I want you to know how appreciative I am of all you do. I know we are up to the challenges ahead. 

Wishing you all the best and an excellent start to our academic year!