By: Allie Monical

Bright and early Sunday morning Sept. 18th, girls lined up on Western’s football field to go home to their new Greek families. Each new member wore a jacket to cover her shirt that revealed the family they would be joining that day. One by one they were announced and sent home; a tradition that has been at Western for decades.

Before the heartwarming homecomings began, each sorority was gathered on the football field building their energy for the day. After a long week of pledge week activities, the groups needed an extra boost for the day.

Sigma Sigma Sigma was preparing for their new sisters through chants, games, and dancing.

The Sigmas have been at Western for 23 years, and are very active on campus, from homecoming to helping sisters study for finals. Junior Tori Fee has been in Tri Sigma sorority three years now.

“We are getting a lot of good girls, around 19 new sisters,” Fee said.

As the homecomings started, the Alpha Sigma Alpha was among the first to bring someone home. One of the new members was sophomore Kaylea Frye.

“I cannot wait to be a part of a group of girls that genuinely care about me, and want me to be the best version of myself I can be, whether it be through philanthropy projects or getting an ‘A’ in my bio lab,” said Frye

As the line got smaller and smaller the excitement only grew larger. Freshman Maddie Salmon was going home to Tri Sigma and could barely contain her excitement.

“I have been so excited for bid day all week,” said Salmon, moments before she was welcomed home to the group. “I decided to rush because, as a freshman, I don’t know very many people on such a big campus, and I felt like I would get discouraged through school without friends and people to go to or ask questions.” said Salmon.

After all the new recruits were home, it was time for the Rogamas to rejoin their sororities. They work on the council, and give up their letters for the month to mentor the new girls with an unbiased opinion of each sorority. Each sorority had signs that read “Give us our sister back,” making for an emotional point in bid day.

Tears of happiness fell down the faces of everyone welcoming home sisters, new and old.