By: Myleigh Lanham

Former Western student, Seth Campbell, is a jack of all trades. Growing up locally and graduating from Central High School in 2009, Campbell headed into college not really knowing what he wanted in life.

Campbell is now a realtor in St. Joseph, but he never saw himself in sales at all.

“As a kid I thought being a salesman would be scary, I never in a million years saw myself in sales or being a realtor,” Campbell said.

Campbell was a public relations major and worked here on campus in the public relations office.

After graduation he said he was like any other kid that was fresh off the stage with his diploma, with no clue what to do now.

“When I got out of college I was trying to get into advertising first, I wanted to be a copywriter,” Campbell said.

“After graduation I got a job with a sales company in Kansas City,” Campbell said.

Campbell would go door to door selling things like season passes to sports events and other packages.

“There was a time my partner and I almost got arrested over a miscommunication,” Campbell said.

“A woman thought our product was a fake or a scam so she called the police and they set up a stakeout to catch us.”

“Once we explained to them that we were legit, I tried to sell one of the officers a package but he wasn’t interested,” Campbell said.   

After this Campbell knew locals in the cable and production industry, and got into local advertising.

Campbell was even apart of the production of the famous East Hills Mall commercial that made it to national television.

“I worked with commercials for about two years, it was great but with all the effort i was putting in I wanted to be making more.” Campbell said

“I went from selling ticket packages, to commercials where I didn’t have to sell as much to make a profit but, I took that concept and thought, what’s the most expensive thing you can sell to someone? It’s real estate, houses and businesses,” Campbell said.

In the midst of his journey Campbell was also in a music group, Julian Davis and the Hayburners, that was featured on America’s Got Talent.

Campbell plays the upright base in the group. They were cut just before the quarter finals in season 11 of America’s Got Talent.