Story By: Stephen Solomon
Photos By: Hannah Montgomery

There has been a murder and, together, students attending the Murder Mystery hosted by the Center for Student Involvement, had to solve who committed the murder.

At the Murder Mystery, everyone attending was assigned a character to portray throughout the night and as the night progressed, more clues were given to everyone to help solve who committed the murder.

Chevy Ingebritson, a student worker for the CSI, was the one who brought this event to Missouri Western.

“I was asked to plan an event, so I looked at a bunch of different ideas and felt like this would be the most fun,” Ingebritson said.

The Murder Mystery brought around 20 students to the CSI for a night full of fun and mystery.

“We had a great turn out,” Ingebritson said. “I was very happy with the number of people who came. Having that many people made it harder to guess who committed the murder. It was a lot of fun.”

The students who attend the Murder Mystery were definitely not disappointed. They were all very enthusiastic about solving the murder and spending an evening discovering clues and having a good time.

“It’s like a game of Clue,” Chris Taylor, a student who attended the Murder Mystery, said. “It was a lot of fun trying to figure out who committed the murder.”

Deion Porchia, a Missouri Western student who also attended the Murder Mystery, was very excited about attending. He had never done anything like this, and was excited to work together with his friends to solve the murder.

“I’ve never played Clue, so when my friend asked me if I wanted to go with him, I was definitely interested,” Porchia said.

All who attended the Murder Mystery enjoyed an exciting night of sleuthing that will hopefully become a reoccurring event at Missouri Western.