The mission of the Purchasing Department is to obtain high-quality products and services at competitive prices in direct support of the educational and associated missions of the University. Our procurement practices will be in accordance with the State of Missouri legislation and University policies.
The Primary Responsibilities of the Department are:
- Provide the highest level of customer service to the campus constituency and external vendors
- Understand and monitor that state legislation and university policies are being followed
- Guide university departments to ensure that the procurement of goods and services that are acquired meet each department’s specific needs, at a competitive price, from a reliable source and delivery within the required time frame
- Process purchase orders, receive good and submit invoices to accounts payable for payment promptly in a timely fashion
- Processing of all formal and informal bids, including vendor selection, negotiation, award of the bid and contract management