The goal of the Science and Technology Incubator is to provide facilities and assistance for start-up companies. The incubator houses a laboratory, conference rooms, operation offices and tenant spaces. Its flexible floor plan can accommodate 12-15 firms of a few persons each, or a few large firms requiring larger spaces.
The location of the Incubator is conducive to fostering animal health and nutrition industries. The Incubator is situated within the Animal Health Corridor, located just 35 minutes north of Kansas City International Airport along I-29 in St. Joseph, MO.
Innovation Stockyard: A Missouri Innovation Center
The Innovation Stockyard is a joint public/private cooperative effort to enhance life sciences training in the Midwest region and possibly beyond.
Innovation Stockyard partners with Missouri Western State University to manage the Christopher S. “Kit” Bond Science and Technology Incubator.
Innovation Stockyard seeks to bring currently available technology to bear in the market place for commercial ventures operating in St. Joseph and surrounding regions.
More information about occupying space and the firms that currently occupy the incubator can be found at the Innovation Stockyard website.
Preferred firms would be involved on-site with one or more of the following:
- Animal health and nutrition products and services
- Basic or applied research, product enhancement, development and/or engineering
- Pre-pilot, pilot or proto-type development
- Proprietary processes in support of local industry
- Human health and nutrition products and services
- Non-profit and university research and development
- Development and training of workforce enhancement programs
- Manufacturing development and research appropriate for facility
If you are interested in occupying space in the Incubator, please contact Sara Hagen at the Innovation Stockyard at (816) 749-4012.