Sept. 20, 2022–Missouri Western State University invites students and their families to enjoy a full day of fun, food and Griffon volleyball and football games during Family Day 2022 on Saturday, Sept. 24.
“After four weeks of classes, Family Day gives students a chance to reconnect with their families and show them the campus they now call home,” said Dr. Brett Bruner, assistant vice president and dean of students. “We’ve got a lot of fun activities that will give the whole family a chance to experience life as a Griffon and spend quality time together.”
Special highlights include a reception for first generation students, a story hour for students with children and a service project hosted by the Center for Service in coordination with the American Red Cross to promote fire safety at a local elementary school.
A full listing of Family Day activities can be found online at griff.vn/FamDay. There will also be an information station open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Blum Union Lobby.
- Donuts and Coffee, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Kelley Commons outside Blum
- Griffon 360 Family Walk, 9-10 a.m., check-in at Kelley Commons (rain location inside Agenstein/Remington Halls)
- Student/Sibling Tricycle Races, 10:30-11 a.m., Parking Lot B (in front of Hearnes)
- Family Photo Booth, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Blum Union Lobby
- Alumni Family Legacy Coffee Social, 11 a.m.-noon, Alumni Welcome Center, Spratt Hall room 105
- Family Esports Scorecard Challenge, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Griffon Esports Arena, Blum Union
- Brunch with Aramark, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Dining Hall, Blum Union ($10 per person)
- First-Gen Family Reception, 11a.m.-1 p.m., Blum Union room 207
- Center for Service Drop-In Service Project, noon-1 p.m., Blum Union Lobby
- Library Open House and Students with Children Story Hour, 1-2 p.m., Hearnes Center
- Griffon Volleyball vs. Fort Hays State, 1 p.m., MWSUFieldhouse at Looney Complex
- Griffon Activity Programming sponsored Game Show: Name That Tune, 1:30 p.m., Kemper Recital Hall, Spratt Hall room 101
- Residence Hall Open House, 2:30-3:30 p.m., Scanlon, Vartabedian, Leaverton, Juda and Beshears Halls
- Fraternity and Sorority Life Cornhole Competition, 3 p.m., Hoff Conference Rooms, Blum 218-219
- Family Day Tailgate, 4 p.m., Lot H in front of Baker Family Fitness Center. Free hamburgers and hot dogs to the first 100 people, plus food truck purchases available.
- Griffon Football vs. Washburn, 6 p.m., Craig Field at Spratt Memorial Stadium
Free tickets to the volleyball and football games are available to all students and up to four of their family members through the Max Experience program. Students can show their student IDs. Family members must be signed up and show their photo IDs. Visit griff.vn/MaxExp to learn more and sign up family members.
Missouri Western State University is a student-centered learning community preparing individuals for lives of excellence through applied learning. Missouri Western is located in St. Joseph, Mo., and is committed to the educational, economic, cultural and social development of the region it serves. Visit missouriwestern.edu.