April 10, 2019— The Missouri Western State University Division of Student Affairs recognized the 2019 class of the Barbara Sprong Leadership Challenge as a part of the inaugural Student & Organization Achievement Recognition (SOAR) reception on Wednesday, April 3, 2019.
The purpose of the Barbara Sprong Leadership Challenge is to provide Missouri Western Students with an opportunity to acquire and enhance the leadership skills they will need to lead others on campus and in the community. The course is a highly competitive opportunity for student leaders, with a maximum of 24 students being selected each academic year. The program is named in honor of Barbara Sprong, a former member and president of the Missouri Western Board of Regents and a past leader in the St. Joseph community.
The following students were recognized as a part of the 2019 class:
- Linzee Adamson, Maryville, Missouri
- Christopher Alvarez, Waynesville, Missouri
- Luke Armstrong, Bellevue, Nebraska
- Kurt Bowman, Pattonsburg, Missouri
- Hannah Cavender, Independence, Missouri
- Kim Cooley, Bucyrus, Missouri
- Madison Gannaway, Cameron, Missouri
- Jillian Grantham, Glen Burnie, Maryland
- Justin Jacobs, Kansas City, Missouri
- Spencer Joe, St. Joseph
- Quinn Jones, Springfield, Missouri
- Nicholas Kempf, Easton, Missouri
- Gwen Lack, St. Joseph
- Deah Maggard, Kansas City, Missouri
- Lacey McNett, Maysville, Missouri
- Derek Neupauer, Pittsfield, Illinois
- Cody Owens, Columbia, Missouri
- Katrina Roenfeldt, Dodge City, Kansas
- Nathan Scott, Savannah, Missouri
- Mikelyn Sylvara, Gladstone, Missouri
- Luke Turner, St. Joseph
- Andy Warnock, Independence, Missouri
- Liz Whitehorn, St. Joseph
For more information about the Barbara Sprong Leadership Challenge, please visit missouriwestern.edu/csi/barbara-sprong.
Missouri Western State University is a comprehensive regional university providing a blend of traditional liberal arts and professional degree programs. The university offers student-centered, high quality instruction that focuses on experience-based learning, community service, and state-of-the-art technology. Missouri Western is located in St. Joseph, Mo., and is committed to the educational, economic, cultural and social development of the region it serves. Visit www.missouriwestern.edu.