Financing Study Abroad
Studying abroad can be expensive, but that does not make it impossible.
In most cases, the financial aid that you receive to attend Missouri Western can be used to pay for your study abroad experience.
If you are interested in studying abroad, the Global Center staff will create a budget of total costs associated with the program. This budget will be submitted to the Financial Aid Office to calculate the amount of aid available to you.
Check back soon for more information regarding scholarship opportunities for study abroad.
You may also apply for other sources of funding.
The links below will introduce you to the types of external funding opportunities available. Please click through to learn more about each scholarship opportunity, including who qualifies and how to apply. We encourage you to search the Internet for additional opportunities.
Awards range from $2500-$70,000
- District Grant Scholarships provide a stipend of $2,500 for one or two semesters of undergraduate or graduate level coursework abroad. Application (.docx)
- Global Grant Scholarships provide up to $70,000 for graduate level studies at a university outside the United States. Application (.doc)
Awards range from $500-$5000
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program
- David L. Boren Scholarships
- Diversity Abroad Study Abroad Scholarships
- FlipKey Study Abroad Scholarship
- Fund for Education Abroad
- Institute of International Education
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Scott’s Cheap Flights Study Abroad Scholarship
- StudyAbroad.com Scholarship Essay Contest
- Tortuga Backpacks study abroad scholarship
- WSA Cultural Bridge Scholarship
- East/Southeast Asia: Freeman-ASIA
- Europe: GoEuro European Study Abroad Scholarship
- French-speaking Countries: Walter Jensen Scholarship for Study Abroad
- Germany: DAAD — German Academic Exchange Service
- South Korea: Global Korea University Study Abroad Scholarship
- United Kingdom: BUTEX