We are here to support and assist you in completing this unforgettable semester so that you can receive your college degree or stay on track to do so.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact your advisor, professor, dean, or the President’s office.
Letter grade (A-F), CR (credit), Incomplete (I), or Withdraw (W)
You do. This is the flexibility that we are granting to you in recognition of your efforts to date and the unprecedented challenges facing all of us right now.
Yes. For example, you could elect to take a letter grade in ENG108 and opt for CR in Accounting 101, etc.
- You must select a grade option for each course on or before April 24th (Friday). Details will be forthcoming about how to make this choice.
- This flexibility means that you could start working on the spring semester culminating experience, see how it is going, and then decide whether to take a letter grade, CR grade, or Incomplete.
- Please remember that you don’t have to make your decision now – rather, you can see how things go. For example, if the culminating experience is going great, then you can opt for a final letter grade. If life is simply too chaotic or the experience is too difficult, then you could opt for a CR grade.
- Once you have made the choice though, please remember that your selection is final.
- Your professor should be in touch with these details by March 23rd.
- If you have specific question about your grade, please reach out to them directly for additional information.
- If your professor is offering the “spring semester culminating experience,” then your final letter grade will be a combination of all work performed to date AND the additional work required for the culminating experience. Your professor will instruct you about the value of the culminating experience and how final grades will be calculated.
- If your professor is not offering the “spring semester culminating experience,” then your final letter grade will be your midterm grade if you select this option.
- If you are not in a position to complete the spring semester culminating experience, but would like the opportunity to do so, you can opt for the grade of “Incomplete” and finish the course by working with the faculty member on an individual basis.
- Your options here would be either your final letter grade or other options detailed below (CR, I, or W).
- If you have a grade of “C” or higher for your midterm grade, you can select the option of taking a grade of CR (Credit) for the semester.
- This grade indicates that you have satisfactorily completed the course.
- If the course is a prerequisite, it also qualifies you for subsequent courses.
- This grade is GPA neutral so it has no positive or negative impact on your GPA.
- A student will be able to request the grade of CR through a form in their Goldlink account. We will notify you when this form is available.
- Even if you choose to accept the Credit option based on your midterm grade (or the course is not offering a culminating experience), please remember that supplemental bridge materials will still be made available from your instructor enabling you to review additional course content on your own time.
- It is available in most courses.
- However, some professional programs (nursing for example) have requirements related to licensure or accreditation specifying that a student must have a certain letter grade in major courses and prerequisite courses. Your professors will inform you when this is applicable. Where that is the case, the credit (CR) option is not available.
- Here at Missouri Western, this grade will not negatively impact you.
- If you are applying for graduate school or a job, we would hope that universities and employers will be understanding given the extraordinary circumstance. The CR grade indicates that you have completed the course in a satisfactory manner.
- Semester honors (Dean’s and President’s lists) require a student have at least 12 credit hours of courses graded with A-F, so the honors calculations would not include courses with a CR.
- If you are not in a position to complete the spring semester culminating experience, but would like the opportunity to do so, you can opt for the grade of “Incomplete” and finish the course by working with the faculty member on an individual basis
Spring 2020 Deadlines
|Now –||Supplemental “bridge” material such as course notes, recorded lectures, PowerPoints, study guides, etc. are added to Canvas or in other formats to help students with the remainder of the relevant content. (Canvas course content will be available through August 30, 2020.) Instructors are available to students as necessary through email, Canvas, Zoom, etc. for consultation, assistance and mentoring throughout the final day of classes for Spring semester (and beyond, if necessary) to help ensure student success.|
|March 23||Deadline for instructors to communicate with students in all their classes regarding a culminating experience that can be completed for a grade and the various options for delivery of these assessments.|
|March 25 by noon||Students will have access to Midterm Grades through Goldlink|
|April 24||Last day to withdraw from class(es)
Withdrawal form can be accessed through Goldlink
“W” issued on transcript and no refund available
|April 24||Deadline for students to complete a request through Goldlink for the grade of “CR” (Credit) to be awarded if the midterm grade is a passing grade (“C” or higher).
Note: A grade of CR will not be used in computing grade-point-averages or for awarding semester honors (President’s or Dean’s lists).
|April 24||Deadline for students to contact faculty by email or through Canvas to request an incomplete grade.
Faculty should work with student to detail the requirements to complete the coursework.
An Incomplete Grade Contract specific for Spring 2020 semester is being developed and will be sent to departments.
|April 24||Final date that culminating experiences (final project, assignment, or series of assignments, etc.) are due. Refer to faculty communications for specific deadlines.|
|May 5||Final grades will be available by end of day through Goldlink.|
|June 18||Final deadline for students who are graduating in Spring 2020 to complete assignments, papers, tests, etc. to satisfy Incomplete grade. Date may be earlier as agreed on by student and instructor.|
|August 30||Last day that Canvas content will be accessible for Spring 2020 courses.|
|December 17||Final deadline for students who did not graduate in Spring 2020 to complete assignments, papers, tests, etc. to satisfy Incomplete grade. Date may be earlier as agreed on by student and instructor.|