Congratulations to everyone for making it through the fall semester. We all wish you an enjoyable holiday season, a safe break, as well as a productive, healthy, happy and rewarding New Year.
To everyone still working on a degree, I invite you to use the break to enjoy the celebrations of this holiday season, get some well-earned rest (even if you still have to work), and return to school in January with a renewed spirit, fresh ideas and confidence in the future.
As you move forward, we are here to help you earn your university degree. Personally, I can tell you that the effort and investment is completely worth it. It is amazing how many doors a degree at my local university opened for me as a student. The same can be true for you too. If you haven’t registered for spring courses yet, we encourage you to do so. Contact us anytime if you need assistance with academic planning, financial aid applications, counseling services, or even job searches. Please know that we are here to serve you.
Next year is going to be an exciting time at Missouri Western as we invest in your success through:
- Center for Service: obtain up to three credits toward your degree at no cost in exchange for community service starting in fall 2020;
- Gold Fridays: more flexibility with your Fridays starting in the fall;
- esports: new spaces on campus for all students, varsity teams, club programs and academic offerings;
- Global Center: look for an announcement about more international opportunities;
- Military and Veterans Center: wrap-around services and more opportunities for those who serve us.
Finally, to the students graduating on Saturday, you are giving yourself the greatest gift you will receive this holiday season. Your degree provides you with an even stronger foundation in life. Please know that your alma mater is deeply proud of you and looks forward to your successes in the months and years to come. Your achievements and continuing support fuel the success of our University.
Thank you to everyone for being an important member of the Missouri Western family. Happy holidays from my family to yours.
President Matt Wilson