Come explore some of the major events of the 20th century through the eyes of iconic journalist Walter Cronkite. Missouri Western encourages schools and organizations to take advantage of this exciting half-day field trip.
Guided tour of the Walter Cronkite Memorial
- The tour will last approximately one hour.
Performance in the Kemper Recital Hall of live, multimedia drama: Walter Cronkite on Larry King Live
- Running time is approximately 20 minutes.
- There is also the possibility of showing a pre-recorded DVD of the performance to smaller groups.
Visit the CBS Newsroom Replica
- See a replica of the CBS newsroom from which Cronkite broadcast the CBS Evening News in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- Have your photo taken while sitting at a replica of Walter Cronkite's desk.
Lunch is provided to senior citizen groups for a minimal charge and is provided to school groups that are participating in the full package for free.
- Remington Atrium or Kelley Commons (weather permitting)
- Brief lecture on the educational learning objectives in public schools.
Tour of the Missouri Western campus
- The tour will last approximately one hour
Take in a show in our immersive planetarium theater
- The film options:
- “Future Moon” is focused on Cronkite’s vision regarding future exploration and use of the moon. The running time of this film is approximately15 minutes.
- “We Choose Space” is focused on human spaceflight; the film takes the viewer on a life-like-tour of the international space station.The running time of this film is approximately 20 minutes.
- The Planetarium seats 42 people.
We can customize your field trip!
Other opportunities to explore include tours of the:
- Potter Art Gallery
- Griffon Indoor Sports Complex - summer home of the Kansas City Chiefs