Upcoming Audition Information
Audition Location and Time
6 PM Monday, February 26
6 PM Tuesday, February 27
What do I prepare?
1 60-second contemporary comedic monologue (a play written and performed within the last 20 years)
Readings will be available for those who do not have a monologue.
It is *highly encouraged* to attempt your monologue in a British accent.
PLEASE NOTE: Cinema students casting for Thesis Films will sit in on auditions and schedule call backs according to who they want/need to see. Those students called back for Thesis Films will receive sides to read at call backs.
Callbacks are Tuesday, February 27 at 6PM.
Where Do I Sign Up?
- Use the new and improved MWSU Theatre Audition Form!
- Be aware that you will no longer be signing up for a specific time slot. Instead, actors will fill out their audition information sheet online (complete with conflicts) and then will be assigned an audition number.
- While walk-ups are still welcome, early signups for these auditions are a necessity for our students.
- In the meantime, begin preparing your monologues now and break-a-leg.
Additional Audition Information:
- Community Members are encouraged to audition for all Missouri Western productions! See our casting policies for more information regarding our casting process.
- Generally speaking, callbacks will consist of cold-readings from the show(s) being cast. This choice is at the discretion of the director.
- Be prepared to stay at the auditions for at least one hour (unless otherwise specified).
- Please read below for more information. Additional Information can be found on the Auditions FAQ, Auditions Etiquette and the MWSU Theatre Auditions Procedures pages.
- Missouri Western Theatre and Music students will be required to provide 2 copies of an 8x10 photo/resume at the time of the audition.