Upcoming Audition Information
Audition Location and Time
6 PM Thursday, November 9
6PM Friday, November 10
What do I prepare?
A 60-second monologue showing some range of teenage angst (and also suppressing that feeling)
A 32-bar cut of a rock style song. This does NOT have to be a musical theatre piece--we welcome musical theatre pieces but also would welcome any song that is appropriate to the style of the show that shows off the actor's talent. NOTE: Please do not sing from the show.
There WILL be a movement call at this audition...so dress to thrash.
- Monologue - 60 seconds
- Song - 32 bars
Callbacks are Friday, November 10 at 6PM.
Where Do I Sign Up?
- Use the new and improved MWSU Theatre Audition Form!
- SPRING AWAKENING will require all auditioners to sign a consent contract stating they know the content of this show and what all characters in the musical will be required to showcase. The Audition Consent Contract is listed here: Audition Consent Contract
- Be aware that you will no longer be signing up for a specific time slot. Instead, actors will fill out their audition information sheet online (complete with conflicts) and then will be assigned an audition number.
- While walk-ups are still welcome, early signups for these auditions are a necessity for our students.
- In the meantime, begin preparing your monologues now and break-a-leg.
Additional Audition Information:
- Community Members are encouraged to audition for all Missouri Western productions! See our casting policies for more information regarding our casting process.
- Generally speaking, callbacks will consist of cold-readings from the show(s) being cast. This choice is at the discretion of the director.
- Be prepared to stay at the auditions for at least one hour (unless otherwise specified).
- Please read below for more information. Additional Information can be found on the Auditions FAQ, Auditions Etiquette and the MWSU Theatre Auditions Procedures pages.
- Missouri Western Theatre and Music students will be required to provide 2 copies of an 8x10 photo/resume at the time of the audition.