The Bachelor of Science in Education degree with a major in Speech and Theatre leads to certification to teach Speech and Theatre in schools.
ACT score on file
Successful completion of the Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA)
Overall GPA of 2.75
Education course GPA of 3.0
Content area GPA of 3.0
Successful completion of EDU 202 and EDU 203
Speech and Theatre (Bachelor of Science in Education, B.S.E.)
The Bachelor of Science in Education degree with a major in Speech and Theatre leads to certification to teach Speech and Theatre in schools. Students who pursue this program should consider teaching as their immediate career goal.
|COM 104||Oral Communication||3|
|COM 205||Introduction to Mass Media||3|
|COM 210||Presentational Communication||3|
|COM 222||Communication Theory||3|
|COM 324||Small Group Communication||3|
|COM 334||Argumentation and Debate||3|
|COM 342||Intercultural Communication||3|
|COM 465||Methods of Teaching Speech and Drama||3|
|THR 221||Technical Production 1||3|
|THR 222||Technical Production 2||3|
|THR 228||Acting I||3|
|THR 275||Script Analysis||3|
|THR 328||Acting II||3|
|THR 348||Directing for the Stage I||3|
|THR 389||Scenic Design||3|
|or THR 393||Stage Lighting|
|Select three credit hours in Theatre or Cinema courses numbered 200 or higher||3|
|Education Professional Sequence|
|Students must complete the Professional Sequence||33|
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours, including 60 from a senior college (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.75, a major GPA of 3.0 and a minimum 3.0 GPA in Education coursework.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.