The Missouri Online Content Assessment (MOCA) is a part of the Missouri Educator Gateway Assessment (MEGA) battery of exams. It is the certification exam for prospective elementary and secondary educators. Candidates seeking educator certification in Missouri are required to achieve a passing score on the appropriate Missouri Content Assessment(s).
For information on which tests to take, please refer to the Certification Requirements.
For more information regarding Missouri educator certification requirements, visit the Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education.
For registration and more information visit http://www.mo.nesinc.com/.
You should plan to be here at least 15 minutes prior to the test start time. Late arrivals may be unable to test.
You can find a campus map here: https://aps3.missouriwestern.edu/map/index.asp.
There is no sitting fee for the MOCA (MEGA) exam.
Times for the various MOCA exams differ. They can range from one hour to six hours. Some exams may be taken as separate subtests. Consult the MOCA web site for specific information about your exam.
The qualifying score for all Missouri Content Assessments is 220 on the 100-to-300 scale. Further information is available at http://www.mo.nesinc.com/PageView.aspx?f=GEN_GetResults.html.
If you require accommodations please contact the Testing Center.
What to Bring
- Government-issued photo ID (Student ID will NOT be accepted)
- Water (Clear bottle only)
What NOT to Bring
- Your cell phone. Cell phones are NOT allowed in testing rooms.
- No calculators are permitted.
- Tobacco products
- Visitors, including children, other relatives or friends
- Weapons of any kind
Space to store personal items is limited. Bring as little with you as possible. Any personal items that you bring to the test site must be stored in a designated secure area. This includes watches, wallets, and purses in addition to the following items:
- Electronic communication devices, visual or audio recording or listening devices, scanning devices, or any device with an on/off option, including, but not limited to, MP3 players, PDAs, pagers, computers, CDs, removable storage devices, calculator watches, clocks or watches with alarms, spellcheckers, etc.
- Unauthorized calculators and calculator manuals
- Handwritten or printed materials such as dictionaries, notebooks, scratch paper, textbooks, etc.
- Packages and bags of any kind, such as backpacks, briefcases, etc.
- Hats or headwear, except for those being worn for religious or medical purposes
- Food and drink, including chewing gum, except for water in a clear bottle
- Unauthorized aids such as slide rulers, rulers, translation aids, highlighters, etc.
- Unauthorized medical devices such as inhalers, Epinephrine injections, etc., unless prior approval has been obtained