Each department at Missouri Western determines which courses are appropriate for credit by examination and the test instrument to be used. Some departments have developed comprehensive tests for this purpose. Cost is $110 per exam.
Missouri Western accepts credit for the following departmental test-outs administered by the Testing Center.
- PED 101 Fitness and Wellness
- PED 305 First Aid
- ALH 106 Medical Terminology
- ART 100 Introduction to Art
- CHE 101 Introductory Chemistry
- CHE 111 General Chemistry
- MUS 101 Perspectives in Music
Foreign Language and Mathematics test-outs are offered through their respective departments.
Students need to be enrolled at Missouri Western to take a departmental test-out.
If you would like information on fees or would like to make an appointment, visit the Testing Center in Spratt Hall 105 or call (816) 271-4100.