- All participants must fill out the Tryout Application Google Form
- If a current Missouri Western student; please email a copy of current Missouri Western transcript (unofficial)
- If a transfer student or incoming freshman; email proof of acceptance to Missouri Western State University.
- Team members may be required to purchase team support items such as jacket, shoes and related items.
Registration Deadline: Monday, May 4th by 12pm CST.
Virtual instruction links will be sent out on Friday, May 8th by 12pm CST.
Instruction links will consist of a 30-45 second hip hop combination, 30-45 second jazz combination, fight song instruction, and list of isolated technical skills to be performed along with the audio music files for each section. Tryout attire and requirements are listed down below.
Video submissions are due by Friday, May 15th by 12pm CST.
Participants will be judged on tryout material, physical fitness, collegiate appearance, work ethic, showmanship and crowd appeal
NOTE: The judges and Head Coach will determine the final selection.
- The selection of the team will be announced on the Mystic’s Instagram account (@mwsu_mystics) at a disclosed time following the video submission deadline
Crop top, sports bra or bra top in black, white or Griffon gold and fitted black dance shorts with NO tights with jazz shoes or tennis shoes. Hair should be worn down with a full “game day” makeup look. No jewelry allowed other than stud earrings.
- Scholarships awarded each semester.
- Perform at state of the art facilities and travel with athletic teams during playoff and post-season opportunities.
- March and perform with the Griffon Gold Marching Band
- Possible selection as a veteran member to attend ProAction Dance Two-Day Intensive.
- If decided upon by the team and Head Coach, an opportunity to audition for the competitive team for college nationals.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Enrolled in 12 credit hours at Missouri Western State University
- Complete tryout application form.
- Verify Health Insurance on application.
- Signed medical release waiver
Each team member is required to attend scheduled athletic events, understand the role and commitment of the Mystics Dance Team at these events, lead and entertain the crowd in support of Missouri Western and serve as ambassadors of the University. Each member also attends regularly scheduled practices, participates in team bonding, fundraising and demonstrations.
As a squad member you can count on:
- Guidance and support in achieving your academic goals
- Training in an organized, established and fair program where there is a strong emphasis on striving for excellence in all areas
- Hard work, friendship and success
Contact: Coach Fallon Gardner firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR DANCERS PRE-K TO 8TH GRADE, $35 PER DANCER
INCLUDES CLINIC, T-SHIRT, ADMISSION TO THE GAME FOR DANCER AND ONE CHAPERONE
WHEN: Saturday, February 22, 2020
WHERE: Looney Sports Complex Practice Gym
TIME: 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Check-in at 1:00 p.m.
Performance will be during halftime at the Women’s 5:30 pm basketball game .
Your dancer will get the opportunity to learn from the MWSU Mystics Dance Team and then perform the same night at halftime of the Women’s 5:30 p.m. basketball game.
- Dancers should arrive wearing black leggings, dance pants, or dance shorts with jazz shoes or tennis shoes for the halftime performance.
- Listen for announcement during the first half of the game on where to meet the Mystics.
- Parents/Guardians MUST pick up their child IMMEDIATELY following the halftime performance