Audition Prep Clinics
Audition Prep Clinic Dates:
Sunday, February 16, 2020
Sunday, March 15, 2020
Registration: 12:30 pm
Instruction and Q & A: 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Attire: Dance shorts or leggings, jazz shoes and form fitting top.
Spring Date: Friday-Saturday, April 17-18, 2020
The Mystics Dance Team hosts tryouts every spring and scholarships are available.
Notice: All tryout days are closed to the public.
- All participants must fill out the Tryout Application Google Form and print and fill out the Medical Release Form which can be downloaded from this site and brought to tryouts with you on Friday, April 17, 2020.
- All participants must show proof of current medical insurance at tryouts. YOU MUST BRING A COPY (FRONT AND BACK) OF YOUR CURRENT MEDICAL INSURANCE CARD.
- All participants under the age of 18 must have a parent’s signature on the medical release form.
- If a current Missouri Western student; bring a copy of current Missouri Western transcript (unofficial)
- If a transfer student or incoming freshman; bring a copy of transcripts (unofficial) and proof of acceptance to Missouri Western State University.
- Team members may be required to purchase team support items such as jacket, shoes and related items.
Tryouts: DAY 1 – Friday, April 17
Registration will begin at 5:30 p.m.
*Bring medical release form, copies of current medical insurance cards, proof of acceptance to Missouri Western or copy of transcripts if current student.
*NEW this year: The Fight Song will be taught via YouTube video that will be sent out the week before auditions*
Dance instruction will begin at 6:00 p.m.
Participants will learn the technical skills and across the floor combinations, jazz and hip hop combinations that they will be evaluated on the following day for auditions.
Tryouts: DAY 2 – Saturday, April 18
Check-in will be at 8:00 am to draw for audition number and to take headshots.
Participants will be judged on tryout material, physical fitness, collegiate appearance, work ethic, showmanship and crowd appeal
NOTE: The judges and Head Coach will determine the final selection.
- The selection of the team will be announced on the Mystic’s Instagram account (@mwsu_mystics) following tryouts.
- If chosen, be prepared to return to Looney Sports Complex for a team meeting at time given at tryouts.
Crop top, sports bra or bra top in black, white or Griffon gold and fitted black dance shorts with NO tights with jazz shoes or tennis shoes. Hair should be worn down with a full “game day” makeup look. No jewelry allowed other than stud earrings.
- Scholarships awarded each semester.
- Perform at state of the art facilities and travel with athletic teams during playoff and post-season opportunities.
- March and perform with the Griffon Gold Marching Band
- Possible selection as a veteran member to attend ProAction Dance Two-Day Intensive.
- If decided upon by the team and Head Coach, an opportunity to audition for the competitive team for college nationals.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Enrolled in 12 credit hours at Missouri Western State University
- Complete tryout application form.
- Verify Health Insurance on application.
- Signed medical release waiver
Each team member is required to attend scheduled athletic events, understand the role and commitment of the Mystics Dance Team at these events, lead and entertain the crowd in support of Missouri Western and serve as ambassadors of the University. Each member also attends regularly scheduled practices, participates in team bonding, fundraising and demonstrations.
As a squad member you can count on:
- Guidance and support in achieving your academic goals
- Training in an organized, established and fair program where there is a strong emphasis on striving for excellence in all areas
- Hard work, friendship and success
Contact: Coach Fallon Gardner firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR DANCERS PRE-K TO 8TH GRADE, $35 PER DANCER
INCLUDES CLINIC, T-SHIRT, ADMISSION TO THE GAME FOR DANCER AND ONE CHAPERONE
WHEN: Saturday, February 22, 2020
WHERE: Looney Sports Complex Practice Gym
TIME: 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Check-in at 1:00 p.m.
Performance will be during halftime at the Women’s 5:30 pm basketball game .
Your dancer will get the opportunity to learn from the MWSU Mystics Dance Team and then perform the same night at halftime of the Women’s 5:30 p.m. basketball game.
- Dancers should arrive wearing black leggings, dance pants, or dance shorts with jazz shoes or tennis shoes for the halftime performance.
- Listen for announcement during the first half of the game on where to meet the Mystics.
- Parents/Guardians MUST pick up their child IMMEDIATELY following the halftime performance