Semester Abroad Opportunities
The university is affiliated with several organizations that provide study abroad opportunities around the world. Enrolling in a program offered by any of them will allow you to study abroad while remaining enrolled at Missouri Western. Our staff and faculty will work closely with you to choose a program and classes that will move you toward graduation. It’s a good idea to meet with your faculty advisor and our staff before finalizing your decision.
Below are some companies our students have used successfully in the past, though there are also many others. It is important to select a reputable company to work with.
Deciding to spend a semester abroad will give you more freedom of choice than any other type of study abroad program. It is, however, relatively expensive, so be sure to check the “Financial Aid” section of this web site early.
- The College Consortium for International Studies (CCIS) offers fall, spring, and summer semester programs around the world. For information CCIS programs click here.
- Academic Programs International (API) offers fall, spring, and summer semester programs in Europe, Central and South America, and the Middle East. For information about API programs click here.
- Global Student Experience (GSE) offers fall, spring, and summer semester programs in Spain, Argentina, Italy, England, France, Australia, and Mexico. For information about GSE programs click here.
- International Studies Abroad (ISA) offers fall, spring, and summer semester programs in Europe, Central and South America, Asia, and the Middle East/North Africa. For more information about ISA programs click here.
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS) offers fall, spring, and summer semester programs around the world. For information about AIFS programs click here.