Office of Student Employment

On-Campus Employment

Working on campus provides students a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of the Missouri Western State University community.  Research consistently shows that students who work a modest amount of hours (10-15 hrs  per week) and work on, rather than off, campus have higher retention* rates versus students who don’t work at all or who work more than 15 hours per week.  Research also indicates students perform better academically when they hold a job on campus versus off-campus.** Furthermore, student employees serve as a valuable resource by providing essential functional support in multiple departments on campus.  Being a student employee means being a part of the Missouri Western State University team and being a part of the team means upholding the high customer service standards we set for our employees and positively representing the University at all times. Please see the Student Employee Handbook for guidelines and policies relating to student employment on-campus.  Requirements for Working On-Campus:

  1. Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours or more and be a degree-seeking student at Missouri Western State University to be eligible for student employment.
  2. All eligible students seeking employment must establish that they are eligible for employment in the United States by the guidelines administered through the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. (Additional information regarding employment eligibility and I-9 forms can be found on the HR Website)
  3.  All students are eligible for on-campus employment regardless of financial need.  There are two types of employment: those that are Federal Work Study(FWS) eligible, and those paid with institutional funds. Jobs posted to GriffonLink should specify which positions are Federal Work Study (FWS), and which are not.


  1. Complete the Student Application for Employment

    On-Campus Student Employment Application

  2.  Save completed application to your computer or device.  (recommend putting your name in title)
  3.  Open your Griffonlink Account and upload completed application into My Documents tab
  4.  Once application is saved into your GriffonLink Profile you be able to apply for on-campus postings.

Click the link below to get started:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ *Retention refers to “as a rate or  percentage  of students who return from one enrollment period to another”. Source: Habley, W., Bloom, J., & Robbins, S. (2012). Increasing Persistence. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.  **Source: Perna, L.W. (2010) Understanding the Working College Student, Academe, Jul-Aug. 2010. Retrieved from