National Student Employment Week
The National Student Employment Association (NSEA) dedicates the first full week in April to appreciate and recognize the student employees across the nation. All departments within the University are encouraged to take part in this national appreciation week.
NSEA Week 2015:
April 13 – 19, 2015
Student Employee of the Year Award:
The Student Employee of the Year Award is given to one exceptional student worker to congratulate them and appreciate them for their hard work and dedication.
Student Employee Nomination Supervisor/ Department Awards Process:
Supervisors may nominate student employees whom they feel warrant particular recognition for their performance on the job. The Student Employee of the Year (SEOTY) Recognition Program begins at the institutional level and moves on to regional, and, in some cases, national recognition. Each year, The Midwest Association of Student Employment Administrators (MASEA) looks to supervisors at colleges across the region to nominate student employees who they feel are especially worthy of recognition based on their performance on the job.
To fill out the Form please click on the link below:
Students will be evaluated on the following characteristics:
- Quality of Work
- Uniqueness of Contribution
The student winning the award will not only receive special recognition from Missouri Western State University , but will also have the chance to be recognized at the state, regional, and national level.
- Dec 1, 2014 – Regional Coordinators distribute announcement and application materials to their members and NSEA members in their region.
- Feb 20, 2015 – Campus nominations due to the campus Student Employment Office
- March 2, 2015 – Campus winners due to Gloria Jenkins (email@example.com)
- March 16, 2015 – Regional winners submitted to NSEA’s Vice President for Membership Services.
- March 30-April 3, 2015 –
- MASEA Regional and State winner’s school notified.
- National Student Employee of the Year selected and winner’s school notified by NSEA President.
- April 12-18, 2015 – National Student Employment Week
- National SEOTY announced
- Runner-Up finalists notified
- National SEOTY Award presented at winner’s campus
- Each campus winner will receive a certificate and congratulatory letter from MASEA and campus-wide recognition during National Student Employment Week and the annual student leadership awards ceremony.
- State winners will receive a certificate and check for $75.00
- The MASEA regional winner will receive a plaque and a check for $150.00
- The MASEA winner will be submitted for the NSEA Student Employee of the Year Program.