Student Employment


What is Griffons4Hire?

Griffons4Hire is the University’s 24/7 Online Career Management Portal.

How will I benefit working while seeking a degree? 

Student employment, both on and off-campus, provides students with valuable work experiences, networking opportunities with the campus and community, opportunities to expand  future career choices, and much more.

Who is eligible for on-campus student employment?

Any student who is enrolled in at least one credit hour (six credit hours for federal work-study students) a semester and is eligible for employment in the United States may apply for student employment. Financial need is not a factor of student employment eligibility. For more information regarding work study eligibility please contact the office of Financial Aid at (816)271-4361 or visit their website

What is Federal Work-Study?

Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a form of financial aid awarded to students who demonstrate financial need and meet certain eligibility requirements. For more information about Federal Work Study, click the following link:

Will my Federal Work-Study Award be applied directly to my account?

No, you receive the earnings in the form of a monthly paycheck on the 20th and may utilize the funds as you wish. It will only be applied toward your account if you apply it directly.

How do I get Paid?

Students get paid on the 20th of every month, which for convenience can be directly deposited into an existing checking or saving account.

For more information please contact the Payroll office at (816)271-4581 or visit their website at

If I have Federal Work-Study will I be guaranteed a job?

No, no student guaranteed a job on campus. You must apply for a student employment position directly with the department that has a job posted. Less than 10% of all student’s work in on-campus jobs.

How many hours can I work?

You can work up to 20 hours a week during the semester; 37.5 hours during breaks and University holidays where the campus is open (Summer, Winter Break, Spring Break).

How much money will I earn?

Most positions pay the state minimum wage, currently $7.65 per hour. Some may pay more. The job posting will indicate the wage rate.

How do I find a job?

Jobs are posted onGriffons4Hire.

How do I log on to Griffons4Hire?

Using your MWSU user ID and password you can log in to your profile.

When is the best time to start looking for a job?

The best time to look for a fall position is the end of June right after registration. Jobs will continue to be posted throughout the summer.

Where is Student Employment?

Student Employment is located in the Career Development Center in Eder 202.

How can I contact the Career Development Center?

You can contact the Career Development Center with questions regarding student employment and Griffons4Hire at (816) 271-4292 or email at