Note: The operation hours may vary because of classes, camps, special events, etc. We will post changes in the schedule at the Service Center.
The Baker Family Fitness Center includes cardio and weight lifting equipment.
|Regular Hours||Alternative Hours
|Monday||6:00 am – 10:00 pm||5:30 am – 9:00 pm|
|Tuesday||6:00 am – 10:00 pm||5:30 am – 9:00 pm|
|Wednesday||6:00 am – 10:00 pm||5:30 am – 9:00 pm|
|Thursday||6:00 am – 10:00 pm||5:30 am – 9:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am – 10:00 pm||5:30 am – 9:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am – 5:00 pm||10:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Sunday||12:00 pm – 5:00 pm||Closed|
2020 Closure Dates:
9/5-9/7 (Labor Day Holiday); 9/20 (Commencement); 11/26 – 12/2 (Thanksgiving Break); 12/19 – 1/3
Subject to change due to additional campus closures and student employee availability.
- Workout Forms
- Lockers, Locks & Shower Facilities
- Classes, Athletic Teams, Adult Fitness Classes
- Workout Rules
- Pre-Workout Guidelines
- Fitness Assessments and Personal Trainers
- Building Layout (pdf)
Parking: Parking is allowed directly in front of the fitness center. Students, faculty and staff must purchase a parking sticker to park on campus and park in the designated parking spots. Gold Coat Club and Alumni members working out at the fitness center do not have to purchase a parking sticker. Disabled parking is available in front of the fitness center. A disabled parking permit is required.
Looney Complex has the gymnasium, racquetball courts, swimming pool and equipment checkout/rental.
Gymnasium Temporarily Closed
Racquetball open for use at your leisure use.
- Old Gymnasium: 22 laps (follow black line) = 1 mile
- Building layout (pdf)
- Lockers, Locks & Shower Facilities
Parking: The closest available parking is to the West of the complex. Students, faculty and staff must purchase a parking sticker to park on campus and must park in the designated parking spots. Gold Coat Club and Alumni members working out at the complex do not have to purchase a parking sticker. Handicap parking is available on both the West and East sides of the complex. A handicap parking permit is required.
The Thomas Eagleton Indoor Pool is located in Looney Complex.
Community members may purchase a daily pass for $4.00. Punch cards can be purchased online through St. Joseph Parks and Recreation.
Monday through Thursday
12:00-2:00 p.m. and 5:30-8:30 p.m.
12:00-2:00 p.m. and 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Interested in working as a Lifeguard? Please apply here!
- 4 laps = 1 mile
Closed for the season.
The Trap Range is generally open April 6 through November 1 (weather conditions permitting – no high winds/heavy rain/snow).
- The Trap Range is open to the public, but may not be used without proper scheduling through Recreation Services.
- You will need your own gun and shells. We have staff to pull targets for you.
- Cost: $6.00 per round of 25 shots
- A 18-hole course is located behind Baker Fitness Center.
- Rules and score cards are available in the Recreation Office and front desk of Baker Fitness Center.
- The course is open to the public.
- Course details
The wood chipped walking trail is 1.9 miles long and begins behind Baker Family Fitness Center.
The asphalt walking trail begins in parking lot H (behind Baker Family Fitness Center) and continues out James McCarthy Drive. The asphalt walking trail encircles the pond on James McCarthy Drive and and meets ADA regulations (there are two handicap parking spaces available at the pond parking lot). The asphalt walking trail continues onto Faraon to the bridge going over Interstate 29. The distance of the asphalt trail (from Parking lot H, around pond, along James McCarthy Drive, along Faraon to bridge going over Interstate 29) is 1.54 miles. Out and back = 3.08 miles
- Wood chipped
- 1 lap = 1.1 miles
You must be a student, faculty or staff member, or you must PURCHASE a membership to use the facilities.
All guests must bring a photo ID.
Individuals under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a card holder.
- Student: immediate family or one guest
- Faculty/Staff: immediate family or one guest
- Adjunct Faculty: no family – no guests
- Alumni Single Membership: no family – no guests
- Alumni Family Membership: immediate family only – no guests
- Recreation Services Single: no guest
- Recreation Services Family Membership: immediate family only – no guest
- Gold Coat Single Membership: no guest
- Gold Coat Family Membership: immediate family only – no guest
- Retired Employees and Spouse: you must go to HR to activate membership.
Facilities that are open to the public without a membership include:
- Disc Golf Course
- Walking Trails
- Trap Range
- Pool – A daily pass can be purchased for $4.00.