To ensure that diversity, in all its forms, is respected and valued by fostering an atmosphere of inclusion
As a student-centered learning community Missouri Western is dedicated to inclusion and the promotion of diversity as essential to our mission as a public university. This commitment contributes to transforming lives and demonstrates our values of freedom, respect and courage.
- We are here to serve our campus and community by reviewing policies & procedures for inclusive language and practices
- We seek to attract and retain diverse Missouri Western Employees
- We promote cross communication within the University to enhance our committee
- We are committed to quality campus and community wide diversity & inclusion initiatives
- We are committed to student success & college completion
- We are enthusiastic about diversity & helping others understand the importance of diversity
Affinity Groups Project
The work of Diversity Committee at Missouri Western State University (MWSU) promotes the recruitment, retention and affirmation of a diverse community of employees and students. The Affinity Groups Project is one part of the work of the Committee.
The creation of Affinity Groups was one of the recommendations that the Diversity and Inclusion Task Force presented in its final report, which was approved by the President’s Cabinet. The Committee took on the task of creating and running Affinity Groups for MWSU employees.
Latoya Muhammad, Co-Chair
Multicultural Education Director
Dr. Hannah Piechowski
Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Head Women’s Softball Coach
Director of Human Resources
Chief of Police
Assistant Director of International Center
Associate Director of Admissions