**NOTE: We are reviewing the upcoming weather situation. If we open early, a new website post will be created, an email sent to all residential students, and information will be posted on our Instagram**
Here is a quick update of information you’ll find helpful as you return to campus.
All residential students can move-in (or return) to campus beginning Saturday, January 11 at 12:00pm until 6:00pm. Returning students may come back any time after 12:00pm. Move-in will resume Sunday, January 12 from 8:00am-6:00pm.
New Students – Proceed directly to the lobby of your assigned building to complete your check-in paperwork. Juda and Beshears students will go to the Commons Building. Vartabedian residents may need to call the RA number posted on the main door to begin the check-in process.
Returning Students – You may proceed directly back into your rooms. You do not need to check-in with an RA.
The following parking lots are designated for each building:
- Scanlon: Lot O (Access from Mitchell Ave, turning north on 50th St)
- Leaverton/Vaselakos: Lots E&F (Access from Downs Drive to East University Drive)
- Griffon: Lot Q (Access from Mitchell Ave, turning north on 50th St)
- Beshears/Juda: Lot H (Access from Downs Drive)
Please be respectful of staff parking spaces, physical plant, dining services, and handicapped parking. These will all be monitored throughout move-in.
Residential Life Revises Hall Desk Hours
During the Spring 2020 semester, Residential Life will make the following revisions to hall desk operating times.
- The Commons and Scanlon Hall front desks will remain open 24/7, except for breaks.
- Leaverton and Vaselakos hall desks will be open between the hours of 8:00am-4:00am (Weekdays) and 4:00pm-4:00am (Weekends).
- The Vartabedian Hall front desk will be closed this semester. If Vartabedian Hall residents need assistance with lock-outs, check-ins/outs, or anything else, students should call the Scanlon Hall front desk at 816-383-7115.
New Laundry Service Begins
Residential Life is excited to announce that Caldwell & Gregory has taken over as our service provider for laundry facilities on campus. Brand new machines have been installed in each building and are ready for use!
- Front load, ADA accessible washers in available in each laundry room;
- Laundry facility walkthroughs twice a month;
- Cost for one wash and dry cycle – $1.00 each;
- A new mobile app that allows you to:
- View available machines before you reach the laundry room;
- Pay for laundry via your phone (machines will still accept quarters);
- Submit maintenance requests for washers and dryers;
- Check remaining time until laundry is completed; and
- Notifications when your laundry is done!
Get set-up before you arrive to campus! Download the Speed Queen app from the Google Play or Apple App Store, today!