Applying for Housing
Thank you for expressing interest in Missouri Western State University Residential Life. Welcome to our Community!
First-time Missouri Western students must access their Goldlink account in order to apply for housing online. A $100 housing deposit, payable by debit or credit card online or check or money order by mail, is required to submit a new housing application. No housing deposit waivers are allowed.
How do I apply for Housing through my Goldlink?
- Log into your GoldLink at goldlink.missouriwestern.edu
- Select “Student Life” from the menu on the left.
- Select the “My Housing Information” in the bottom left corner
- Click on the “Applications” drop down menu at the top of the page
- Choose your application
- Fall 2018 – “FALL 2018 NEW STUDENT APPLICATION” (This application is for all students who do NOT currently live on campus that would like to live on campus beginning Fall 2018.)
- Sign your name in the rectangle on the bottom of the first page and click continue
- Complete the information on the second and third pages then click continue
- Pay the $100 Deposit
- Choose a meal plan then click continue/complete – YOUR HOUSING APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL YOU CHOOSE A MEAL PLAN!
What if I cannot pay my deposit online?
- Please submit your housing deposit (check or money order) to the Office of Residential Life via mail. Once your deposit is received you will be given access to an online application in your Goldlink that bypasses the deposit requirement. Please make checks payable to Missouri Western State University. Please note Name, G-Number and “Housing Deposit” in the memo line. Deposits may be mailed to:
Office of Residential Life – Missouri Western State University
4525 Downs Drive
St. Joseph, MO 64507
Attention: Housing Applications
What if I am under 18 years old?
- This year new students will be able to do the complete online application if under 18 years of age. Your parents will have a section to affirm their electronic signature during the application process.
Quick Facts on Housing Applications:
- Our housing database works best when being used in Internet Explorer. If you are receiving an error message try a different browser. If the error message persists please contact Residential Life.
- Applications are not accepted via fax.
- Applications will not be accepted without a $100 housing deposit.
- A deposit is required for all students regardless of scholarships or financial awards.
- Room Assignments are made on a first come, first served basis.
Questions? Please call (816) 383-7100 or e-mail email@example.com for assistance.