The Griffon Orientation (GO) programs are where students will learn about the essentials of navigating campus and enroll for classes. The GO programs also feature a variety of topics that will help students prepare for the semester.
GO Topics include:
– Advisement/Registration with your Academic Department
– Math, Reading, Foreign Language and/or Writing placement test (if required)
– Residential Life/Esry Student Health Center
– Student Involvement/Resources Fair
– Money Matters (Financial Aid and Payment Processes)
– Student ID
– Campus Safety
– Housing Tours
Once you know the basics, you will meet with a faculty member from your intended major and learn about the program requirements and expectations. You will then have a one-on-one advising session to finalize the schedule you selected from your online advisement session.
Finally, you will have the opportunity to learn about what’s next as a new student, check out the residence halls, or see any of our academic departments before you pick up your Missouri Western gift and hit the road!
Before you attend GO:
Be sure to review the Before Orientation page to ensure you don’t miss any important “next steps.”