Front Desk Worker, Baker Family Center
The front desk worker’s main duties lie in the greeting members and assisting with various daily aspects of fitness center management.
Primary duties include:
- Greeting members upon arrival.
- Checking for valid ID from members.
- Administering and checking health history forms.
- Explaining need for physician’s release and making sure releases are completed prior to an individual’s work out.
- Administering and checking guest forms.
- Administering and checking consent for care of minor.
- Providing all new members with equipment orientation.
- Explaining rules and policies from handbook to new members.
- Providing returning members with new programs and training ideas.
- Being knowledgeable in health and fitness field.
- Offering sound, researched advice to members upon request.
- Being a role model to users of the facility.
- Taking and explaining body composition using skin fold calipers.
- Assessing physical fitness of members using test techniques.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the equipment and facility.
- Attending staff meetings.
- Making sure members’ activities are safe and offering advice on safety for those who are questioning. This includes spotting as required.
- Assisting coordinator whenever required.
- Being knowledgeable about the campus, directions, events, and services of campus recreation.
- Enforce all rules and regulations stated in the workout rules and guidelines brochures.
- Performing CPR, AED, basic first aid and completing accident reports as necessary.
- All other duties as required
- Must be an MWSU student
- Must be able to lift or push at least 30 pounds
- Must be able to work varied shifts
- Must be able to assert authority to peers, faculty, staff, and community members
- Must be able to communicate ideas to others
- Must be willing to learn about current trends in fitness, fitness programming for various populations, and aerobic and anaerobic testing techniques
- Fitness certification
- CPR and AED Certifications
- Exercise Science majors or a strong background in health, fitness, and/or nutrition
- Eligible for work study
- We will be hiring for this position as needed throughout the year.