General Workout Rules
– Users participate at their own risk.
– Prior to participation, you will be invited to attend an orientation on the equipment, its proper use, and the risks of injury associated with improper use.
– Please do not attempt to use a piece of equipment if you do not know how to use it properly.
– Use equipment for its intended purpose only.
– No horseplay, including loud and/or offensive language.
– Food, tobacco, glass bottles, and cans are not allowed on the fitness center floor.
– Water in a plastic container is the only beverage allowed on the fitness center floor.
– Show respect for the facility and equipment.
– Fitness Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
– Keep feet off the walls and AVOID leaning against or touching the mirrors.
– Pick up after yourself (magazine inserts, chewing gum, empty water bottles, weights, etc.).
– Wipe down cardio and weight room equipment after use.
– Paper towels are available to wipe down the equipment.
– Report damaged equipment to staff. Please do not use!
– Do not spit in the facility.
– Understand that if you do not abide by these rules, you may be expelled from the facility.
Cardiovascular Area Rules
-During busy times, please observe the 30-minute time limit on all cardiovascular equipment.
-Please use the paper towels and cleaner provided to wipe machine after each use.
-Be aware that the equipment might shut off automatically in the event of a power outage.
Free Weight Rules
– Chalk powder is not allowed at Baker Fitness Center
– DO NOT DROP OR THROW WEIGHTS!
– Use collars on free weight lifts.
– Observe weight room etiquette:
– Allow others to “work in” between sets.
– Return weights to the tree or rack that you found them.
– Do not set weights against the wall or other equipment.
– Offer to spot if you see the need.
– Ask for a spotter if you need one.