Bring your own lock to prevent theft from occurring.
Locks and lockers may be checked out in the Recreation Services Office, Looney Complex, Room 147 or at the Recreation Services Center (roll-up window located on the first floor by the main entrance of the building) to be used ONLY in the Looney Complex locker rooms.
Lockers without locks are available for daily use only. Only Recreation Services locks may be left overnight on checked out lockers in the locker rooms. All other locks will be cut and items will be confiscated.
Lockers that are not renewed by the end of the school year will be cleared.
Items removed from lockers are stored for one semester and then disposed of.
Participants may vacate their locker by returning the lock to the Recreation Services Office or Recreation Services Desk.
Towels and personal hygiene products are NOT provided.
The Recreation Services Department is not responsible for theft or damage to personal property left in lockers.
The Fitness Center will be accessible to all members at all times. However, since the primary purpose of Missouri Western State University is to serve the students and provide education, at certain times of the day, an academic class or an athletic team may occupy the facility. The classes and teams will have first priority to use equipment when they have pre-scheduled workout times. If you are a student not enrolled in the class, a student athlete on a different athletic team, an alumni member, or Gold Coat Club member, you may have to wait for equipment and/or be willing to share. We strive to make this accommodating to all. Please understand the facility’s limitations. You may find it necessary to adjust workout times as to not conflict with the classes or athletes’ schedules. All pre-scheduled classes and team lifting schedules will be posted at the Front Desk so you will be better able to decide the best workout time for you.
Each individual that works out at the Fitness Center is required to:
– Show a valid ID.
– Complete a health history form.
– Wear appropriate wardrobe.
Additional Pre-Workout Considerations:
1. All men age 45 and over and women 55 and over must have a physician’s consent in order to exercise.
2. If an individual who does not fall in the above guidelines has indicated some health risks that might limit his/her exercise capacity, he/she must also obtain a physician’s approval before being admitted.
3. No one under the age of 12 will be admitted (Only at the Fitness Center).
4. Individuals aged 12-15 will only be allowed to workout under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian with a valid ID.
5. If an individual is under 18, he/she must have a consent for care of minor form signed by his/her parents or guardian before being allowed to workout.
Blue Circles: Accessible Parking (A Disability parking permit is required)
White Circles: Parking Area
NOTE: Students, faculty and staff must purchase a parking sticker to park on campus and must park in the designated parking spots. Gold Coat Club and Alumni members working out at the fieldhouse do not have to purchase a parking sticker.