All motor vehicles parked in MWSU parking lots are required to properly display a valid parking permit (decal or hangtag). All students, faculty, staff and contract employees (full or part time) must register their vehicle with the Parking and Security Services Office by clicking the continue button at the bottom of this page or in person in Blum Union, Rm. 100. Only after a motor vehicle has been properly registered may a parking permit be issued.
Vehicles registered by students, part time and contract employees: Must display a current parking decal (permit) as directed on the back of the issued decal. Decals shall be placed on the outside of the vehicle either on the passenger side rear bumper or lower passenger side rear window. The decal must be entirely visible and the number easily read at all times when the vehicle is parked in order to be considered valid.
- Only one decal may be displayed on a vehicle at a time to be considered valid.
- Decals are valid from the day they are issued by the Parking and Security Services Office until the expiration date listed on the decal.
- Decals are not transferable between persons and/or vehicles. A replacement decal may be purchased if a person changes vehicles.
Vehicles registered by Full time Faculty and Staff: Must display a current parking hangtag (permit) on the rear view mirror or the front dash board and be entirely visible and the number easily read at all times when the vehicle is parked in order to be considered valid. The hangtag need not be visible when the vehicle is moving.
Only one hangtag may be issued to a full time faculty or staff member. A hangtag may not be displayed on a vehicle that is currently displaying a valid decal.
Hangtags are transferable between vehicles that have been properly registered with the Parking and Security Services Office.
Hangtags are renewed annually. If you do not renew your hangtag, it will no longer be considered valid. Hangtags are to be turned into the Human Resources upon separation from the University.
The vehicle registration process is not complete until all information is verified, a permit has been issued by the Parking and Security Services Office, and that permit is displayed on the vehicle.
Any motor vehicle that is operated or parked on campus must abide by all Campus Rules and Regulations at all times. The responsibility for finding a legal parking space rests with the motor vehicle operator. Lack of space is not an acceptable excuse for violation of any parking rule or regulation.
The University defines motor vehicle as any new or used automobile, mobile home, motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle, motorized bicycle, moped, motor-tricycle, truck, trailer, semi-trailer, truck trailer or bus primarily designed or used to transport a person or property on a public highway, road or street. The use of other vehicles (i.e., tractors, golf carts, four wheelers, motorized skateboards) on campus without the permission of the Police Department is prohibited.
By registering a vehicle and receiving a parking permit you acknowledge that you have read and understand the MWSU Parking Rules and Regulations.
Personal checks, money orders or Business Office cash receipts will be accepted as payment, for vehicle registration fees at the Missouri Western Parking and Security Services Office, Blum Union Rm. 100. Cash payments for registration fees can be made at the Missouri Western Business Office, Eder Hall Rm. 104.
Annual vehicle registration fees are as follows:
- Currently enrolled Students
- First decal included in facility access fees
- Additional vehicles – $10.00 each
- Replacement Decal – $5.00
- Full-time Employees
- First Hang Tag – $20.00
- Additional vehicles added at the time you pick up your Hang Tag
- Replacement Hang Tag – $10.00 (this will void your previous Hang Tag)
- Contracted & Part-time Employees (including Adjunct Faculty)
- First decal – $20.00
- Additional vehicles – $10.00 each
- Replacement Decal – $5.00
*If a vehicle registration decal is issued for an additional vehicle, only ONE of the vehicles is permitted on the campus at one time.
All students living on campus will be allowed to select a parking permit for a designated parking lot closest to their Hall, until that lot is full, then they will be assigned to another Residential lot. Scanlon Hall and Griffon Hall residents will only have the option for the lots that were built specifically for those Residential Halls. Residential Hall assignments will be verified prior to your permit being issued.
Instructions for requesting Parking Permits
If you have registered a vehicle previously, your information should still be in the system, and it should bring up your information. Confirm your information, and submit your request. If this is your first time or if your information does not appear, proceed with the Requesting Phase.
What you will need to log into the online registration:
- Your last name
- Your University ID number (G #)
How to complete the Log In to online registration: Following this page you will see the Online Permit Registration System Log In screen. You will type in your last name, and then type in your University ID number. Click “Log In”. You will be asked again to enter your University ID number, and then confirm your University ID number. Click “Log In”. Now you will be at the Online Permit Registration Form.
What you will need for the Online Permit Registration Form:
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Home Phone number or Cell Phone Number
- A Billing Address or Campus Address
- Vehicle License Plate Number and State
- Year, Make, Model, and Color of your vehicle
(When entering your License Plate number do not use spaces or dashes)
How to complete the Online Permit Registration Form:
Your University ID number and last name field will already be completed and locked. You will not be able to change your last name or University ID number. You will need to fill in your first name, middle name or middle initial, Date of Birth, Email address, and either Home phone or Cell phone number. You will need to fill out the Billing Address section. The Campus Address section is optional. The Billing address is required by the system. Be sure to watch the fields closely your Street # and Street Name have separate fields. In the vehicle info section you will need to complete the Vehicle License field, Vehicle State field, Year, Make, Model, and Color section.
There are several fields on the form that can be filled in if you desire, but are not required by the system. All areas covered above are the required sections and information. All the information submitted on this form is stored on a secure server, and is used for the Parking Management Software programs.
Once you have completed the required fields, Click on “Submit Info”. Now you will see the Select Permit Type screen.
How to select your Permit type:
- Select your User Type with the University (Faculty/Staff, Adjunct Faculty, Part-time employee, Off Campus Student, On Campus (Freshmen Only), On Campus (Non Freshmen), Aramark employee, Barnes & Noble employee
- Faculty/Staff – Any full time Faculty or Staff
- Adjunct Faculty – Any Adjunct Faculty
- Part-time Employee – Any University part-time employee
- Off Campus Student – Any student not living on campus in the Residential Halls
- Beshears Hall Resident – Any student living on campus in Beshears Hall, will have options for Lot H or Lot O
- Griffon Hall Resident – Any student living on campus in Griffon Hall, will park in Lot Q
- Juda Hall Resident – Any student living on campus in Juda Hall, will have options for Lot E/F or Lot O
- Leaverton Hall Resident -Any student living on campus in Leaverton Hall, will have options for Lot E/F or Lot O
- Logan Hall Resident – Any student living on campus in Logan Hall, will have options for Lot H, Lot E/F, or Lot O
- Scanlon Hall Resident – Any student living on campus in Scanlon Hall, will park in Lot O
- Vaselakos Hall Resident – Any student living on campus in Vaselakos Hall, will have options for Lot E/F or Lot O
- Aramark employee – Any non student employee of Aramark
- Barnes & Noble employee – Any non student employee of Barnes & Noble
- MOA Employees – Any University employee that is MOA status
(All information provided by you will be verified during the Processing Phase)
- Select your Permit Request (what permit you are requesting)
- At the top of the list will be the type of Permit you are allowed based on your User Type.
- An option for an additional permit (used when you already have 1 currently registered vehicle) and are registering another vehicle.
- An option for a replacement permit (used when you are replacing a currently registered permit – destroyed permit, stolen permit, lost permit, etc.)
(This will also be verified during the Processing Phase)
- After selecting the permit you are requesting click the “next” button
- Check your information
- If everything looks good click “Submit Info” button
- Now you’ll see a screen thanking you for your purchase
- Click Finish
(To request Additional or Replacement Permits you will repeat the Requesting Process.)
NOTE: You will not receive a permit number. Your permit number will be assigned during the Processing Phase.
(No cash is accepted at the Parking and Security Services Office. Only Business Office receipts or checks. Faculty and Staff do have the option of payroll deduction by filling out the deduction paperwork. Students will have an option for placing any charges to their banner account by filling out the appropriate paperwork.)
You will pick up your permit at the Parking and Security Services Office. You will need to bring your University ID with you in order to pick up your permit. All of your information provided during the online request will be verified before you receive your permit.
Citations received on Student parking accounts will be attached to the student’s Banner account. Citations received on Employee parking accounts will be sent through payroll for collection. Any parking citation received by either Employee or Student may be appealed through the appeals process.
By registering a vehicle and receiving a parking decal or hang tag you acknowledge that you have read and understand the MWSU Parking Rules and Regulations.