Healthcare Leadership (MSN)
About the Master of Science in Nursing in Health Care Leadership Program
This multidisciplinary program develops skills for nurse leaders of today and tomorrow. Principles of leadership are applied within the context of a constantly shifting and digitized healthcare environment. The program blends relevant knowledge and leadership skills to develop graduates who will emerge as representatives of their profession and advocates for excellence in nursing and healthcare.
Graduates will demonstrate leadership abilities in:
- Promoting professional practice
- Creating effective work environments
- Applying health informatics for informed decision-making
- Leading and developing teams
- Managing resources effectively
- Embracing organizational complexity and change
- Fostering evidenced-based practice
- Influencing healthcare policy
The Missouri Western State University Department of Nursing is committed to the development of professional nurses with visionary leadership, grounded in standards-based practice and holistic care, demonstrating excellence in critical thinking, communication and technical skills.
For more information, contact Carolyn Brose, Ed.D., R.N., directly at (816) 271-5912
or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- phone number:
- our address:
4525 Downs Drive Murphy Hall, Room 309 St. Joseph, MO 64507 (816) 271-5849 (Fax)
- email address: