Bachelor's Degree - Traditional BSN (pre-licensure)
Why choose MWSU to earn your BSN Degree?
- Accreditation: MWSU’s BSN program is nationally accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and fully approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
- Coursework: Coursework is a combination of general education, nursing support and nursing courses in which the student will earn 124 credits upon completion. The typical size of a nursing lecture class is 50 students. Clinical courses have a ratio of no more than 10 students per 1 clinical instructor.
- Experienced Faculty: Nursing Faculty have years of experience in both the classroom and practice settings. This experience, along with small class size, allows the faculty to have personal interactions with each student whether in lecture or lab.
- Nursing Simulation Lab: Nursing skills are practiced on high-tech patient simulators and medical equipment which enhances the learning experience.
- Quality Clinical Experiences: Clinical experiences are provided in state-of-the-art health care settings in St. Joseph and greater Kansas City regions. The Senior Capstone course provides a reality-based experience that prepares the student for the transition to the RN role.
- Research: Students have the opportunity to work with faculty on a research project. The student’s knowledge of healthcare is expanded through these projects.
Eligibility for Nursing Licensure
Completion of the BSN program does not guarantee eligibility to write the licensure examination. Completion of the program guarantees eligibility to apply to the State Board of Nursing to write the national licensure examination (NCLEX-RN). A criminal background check is conducted by the Missouri State Board of Nursing before a decision is made regarding certificate of registration or authority; permit or license pursuant to section 335.011 to 335.066 for any one or any combination of causes stated in 335.066 subsection 2 of the State of Missouri Nursing Practice Act. Specific information may be obtained by contacting the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Missouri Western State University is fully approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Missouri Western State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791.