A Masters Program for You
If you are a dedicated teacher wanting to improve your skills and increase student learning, consider Missouri Western State University’s Masters of Applied Science (M.A.S.) in Assessment degree as your next career move.
Today, educational institutions from preschool to college are faced with the demands and challenges of high standards and accountability. Graduates of the M.A.S. in Assessment degree will learn how to meet these expectations while improving quality within their organizations.
The Department of Education graduate programs…
- Offer flexibility, because they are delivered 100% online
- Prepare educators to work in exceptionally high need areas
–– autism spectrum disorders and TESOL
- Are accessible for relatively low tuition rates
- Incorporate a significant amount of practical hands-on experience which can be immediately applied in students’ professional settings
- Provide a strong foundation in current research and practice, at the direction of faculty with a depth of practical experience in their respective fields
- Include classes taught by internationally diverse faculty
- Embrace innovative technology, which serves to build a community of learners
- Are characterized by small class sizes, which afford students the opportunity to build individual relationships with their instructors
- Offer discounted tuition to cohort groups who enroll
- Assist students to learn educational strategies that will benefit all learners
—not only those who experience ASD or are English language learners
For frequently asked questions about certification, please see
Discover which program is right for you...
The Masters of Applied Science in the Assessment of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) option provides students with the necessary tools to effectively meet the challenges of teaching in diverse classroom settings, as well as prepares them to become leaders in the field of education.Learn more
The Masters of Applied Science in the Assessment of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) option prepares students to become leaders in the field of English language teaching, both in the U.S. and abroad. Students will learn to implement data driven best practices in TESOL education and address the challenges of working in culturally diverse settings.Learn more
The Masters of Applied Science in the Assessment of Writing option is intended for new or experienced teachers interested in improving their skills at the teaching of writing. Key ideas include constructing writing assignments, integrating writing into the curriculum, applying exciting and innovative approaches to writing, assessing writing, and communicating the value and results of writing and writing assessment to students, parents, and administrators.Learn more