Internship Dates: Mid July 2018 – Mid August 2018
Location: Missouri Western State University, Saint Joseph, MO
Well-rounded Chiefs interns can say yes to the following:
- Perform duties as outlined by superiors
- Have a positive, engaging and professional image
- Are prepared to work lengthy hours outside under seasonable conditions
- Are prompt with arrival and ready to participate with assigned responsibilities
- Communicate well in a group setting to achieve the team goals
Customer Service/Fan Interaction
- Serve as ambassadors of the Kansas City Chiefs at Training Camp.
- Provide daily customer service/experience for fans in attendance
- Participate in setup and breakdown of camp setting which includes carrying items, stooping, bending and lifting.
- Promote and encourage sign-ups for the Chief’s Kids Club.
- Engage with fans in and around the St. Joseph area to promote attendance at Training Camp.
- Assist with other Chief’s related marketing initiatives.
Chiefs Training Camp interns will pay for and receive two hours (i.e., undergraduate) or three full hours (i.e., graduate) of transferable class credit from Missouri Western State University for working training camp. Tuition and corresponding course fees will be the responsibility of the intern.
Cost of Undergraduate Tuition
In-State Tuition: $ 204.14 per credit hour
Out-of State Tuition: $ 421.05 per credit hour
Cost of Graduate Tuition
In-State Tuition: $ 336.39 per credit hour
Out-of State Tuition: $ 604.39 per credit hour
- If interns plan to continue other employment while working as Chiefs training camp intern, it must be approved by Dr. Dodd.
- Free housing is available on campus. Please note that the dining and living quarters for training camp interns are separate from those individuals employed full time or as semester (i.e. summer) interns by the Kansas City Chiefs organization.
- Background checks will be administered prior to your acceptance.
*If chosen, students who are not current MWSU students will need to apply for admission to Missouri Western State University for enrollment in 2017 summer school session.
- Lunch and dinner are provided each day.
- Required training camp uniform is:
- Provided items: training camp t-shirt, visor or ball cap
- Student responsibility: black or khaki shorts (must not be shorter than 2″ above knee) and comfortable closed-toe shoes (ex., tennis or running shoes)
For questions, contact Dr. Regan Dodd:
phone number: (816) 271 -4474
Applications will be reviewed in late March and early April.
NOTE: If you are not an MWSU student, please apply at: