Network/Email Account Information
Student Account Links
Alumni Account Links
Missouri Western uses an integrated identity management solution to allow use of a single account to access virtually all applications. Accounts are automatically assigned to employees, incoming students, and enrolled students. Privileges assigned to the account are based on the user’s role at the University, and additional manual intervention by Network Services staff.
- Incoming Students- Incoming students receive an activation password from Admissions, which lets them immediately activate and use their Missouri Western account for the Goldlink portal and email (limited to Missouri Western recipients).
- Enrolled Students – Enrolled students gain full account privileges, including full email and Google Apps capabilities, campus computer logon, network access, and a personal (P:) drive. These privileges are automatically assigned when they enroll in classes.
- Alumni – When a student graduates, they retain account privileges for Goldlink, email, and most Google Apps capabilities including Drive. However, access to a campus computer logon, network access, and P: drive access is revoked, with any files being deleted. It is the student’s responsibility to copy files from the P: drive that they wish to retain upon graduation.
- Prior Students – If a student leaves Missouri Western without graduating (i.e. is no longer enrolled), they retain account privileges for Goldlink, email, and Google Drive. However, email is limited to other Missouri Western recipients. Access to a campus computer logon, network access, and P: drive access is revoked, with any files being deleted. It is the student’s responsibility to copy files from the P: drive that they wish to retain.
- Employees – Employees must complete an Account Request Form in Human Resources to be granted a privileged account. When an employee separates from the institution, their account is deactivated. Should they still have privileges as a student, they will receive a new account with a different username on the day of separation. Retirees may elect to keep their account with full privileges.