Students should be prepared to begin the visa application at the closest U.S. Embassy or Consulate without delay. It is best to prepare ahead of time, as much as 6-12 weeks prior to intended arrival date. The general guidelines is as follows:
- Sign and date page 1 of the I-20 document, or DS-2019 form from Missouri Western State University. Bring original document to the interview.
- Contact U.S. Consulate to schedule for an appointment for visa interview.
- Prepare for your Visa Appointment.
- Participate in MWSU’s Visa Application Information and Process virtual meeting with Fumi Cheever, Primary DSO at the University. This virtual workshop is intended to guide you through the process, as well as an opportunity for students to ask questions and learn from the discussion. The virtual presentation starts on time so please do not be late!
- Read updated important guidelines HERE.
- Read a well written 10 Points to Remember When Applying for a Student Visa
- Collect all necessary documentations and BRING to the interview:
- Passport must be valid for at least six months at any point of your studies in the U.S.
- Proof of SEVIS I-901 payment
- Original financial supporting documentations showing proof of funding for your studies.
- Other University application materials such as the TOEFL or IELTS test score, official academic transcript or degree certificate, etc.
- Combination of documentations that shows strong ties to home country. For example, official copy of bank statement showing account balance, parents with proof of stable source of income, marriage certificate, properties, and real estates.
Note: Please check the detailed process for Visa Interview review PowerPoint PDF information.
Last update: October 13, 2017