Thank you for considering MWSU as one of the education destinations. The following online and internet/web-based events are an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to connect on a personal level with the University staff, student and faculty on various important topics from campus safety to visa application process. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to University campus in the near future.
Admitted Student Events
|June 5, Tue||8 AM||Visa application workshop||Webinar||Fumi Cheever|
|June 6, Wed||10-12 PM||On campus housing and residential life||Chatroom||Amy McLarren|
|June 9, Sat||9 AM||New Student Welcome webinar||Webinar||Ann Rahmat|
|June 27, Wed||10-12 PM||Pre-arrival Question & Answer||Chatroom||Ann Rahmat|
|July 3, Tue||8 AM||Visa application workshop||Webinar||Fumi Cheever|
|July 17, Tue||8 AM||Visa application workshop||Webinar||Fumi Cheever|
|July 19, Thu||8-10 AM||On campus housing and residence life||Chatroom||Nathan Roberts|
|July 31, Tue||9 AM||Off campus housing in St Joseph, MO||Webinar||Ann Rahmat+2|
|August 13, Mon||10-12 PM||Pre-arrival Question & Answer||Webinar||Ann Rahmat|
Chatroom = A personalized chat function (written or typed using keyboard) with no video or audio.
Webinar = A virtual meeting or conference are expected to begin on time, so please be aware of the local time zones. Also, the webinar session is through the Zoom platform with audio and visual opportunity. Click here for a short audio visual demonstration.
1. F1 visa application workshop and guidance to the United States. Learning outcome includes SEVIS fee payment, visa appointment fee, visa interview expectations and challenges. If time permits, an opportunity to discuss pre-arrival and International Orientation schedule. The LIVE sessions is for Admitted or New Students. Presenter: Fumi Matsumoto Cheever, PDSO
2. Welcome to new admitted students! Pre-arrival Question & Answer. International Center is excited to welcome you to the University. The office provides guidance regarding pre-arrival, required orientation, and adjustment to the new environment. We invite students, parents or guardians to ask questions, voice concern, or doubts prior to arrival planning in a real-timer personalized meeting room with Ann Rahmat, Director of International Center.
3. On-campus Housing and Residential Life. Personalized chat room with full-time professional staff to help answer questions related to housing at MWSU. Contact these experienced professionals on related topics include but not limited to housing contract, online application process, required $100 housing deposit, room mate options, housing facilities (kitchen, bathroom, common area, etc.), meals, getting postal mail, Residence Hall Association, and many more. This is an opportunity to voice your questions!
4. Campus safety, security, and international student support. Personalized question & answer chatrooom with University’s Vice President Shana Meyer
- Date TO BE DETERMINED – Click HERE to begin chat room session at the scheduled time
- Normally, type your name, country you are from, and a short message. Expect immediate response.
5. Off-campus housing opportunity in the city of St Joseph. This is available for Graduate/Master students, or Undergraduate Transfer students, or students over the age of 21 ONLY. Learn about advantages and disadvantages of living in private apartments away from university campus. Exposed to the general apartment rental contract/agreement, tenant responsibilities, apartment manager expectation, housing deposit expectations, and any associated cost. Rental or contract law may be different in each State in the U.S. Students should google or educate extensively on the topic, and may preview some resources: Apartment Renting 101, Renting 101, Understanding Rental Agreement Student panels include Srinitha (India) and Ilda (Mozambique.) Freshman or First-year student is required to live on-campus.
- Master of Science in Information Technology Assurance Administration (30-minutes). Featuring Dr. Yipkei Kwok, Sanhith Chinta, and Srinitha Mandadi. Learn more about the program, student experience, cost, scholarship, graduate assistantship, employment opportunity, and admission criteria.
- Master of Applied Science in Industrial Life Science (4-minutes). Featuring Dr. Jason Baker. Learn more about the program and admission requirement.
- About Missouri Western State University (8-minutes). Featuring Ann Rahmat, Director of International Recruitment.
Visit the website regularly for additional FREE virtual events.
Questions? Click on “Contact Us” on the left column.
Last updated, June 26, 2018