- EducationUSA pre-departure orientation in your home country
- Facebook page: MWSU International Student Services
- Missouri Western State University campus virtual tour
- Saint Joseph local weather or temperature
- Study in the States 5-minute video
The University is about 30 minutes north of the Kansas City International Airport (airport code MCI.) The International Student Services office offers FREE airport pick-up on the following days:
- Saturday, August 18, between 9:00 AM (9:00) and 6:00 PM (18:00)
- Sunday, August 19, between 9:00 AM (9:00) and 6:00 PM (18:00)
Students are strongly encourage to arrange for the FREE airport transportation prior to arrival. Complete and submiting the online request form on or before Friday, August 3, 2018. Gather the travel information, and complete/submit the arrival details HERE
Alternatively, students arriving on Friday, or earlier, OR very late during the night, should reserve and stay at a hotel closest to the airport. The University can arrange pick up from the airport hotel on Saturday or Sunday, with the regular airport pick-up service. Please send request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students arriving on dates other than listed above are expected to arrange own transportation. The minimum cost is $80 plus 10%-15% service tips, and students could share the cost with 2-3 students. Inform taxi driver to take you to your final destination in Saint Joseph either at the University residence hall (4525 Down Drive, Residence’ Commons, St Joseph), OR another pre-arranged off-campus accommodation.
Also, Uber on-demand service is generally available from the MCI airport to St Joseph; minimum cost $50 plus tips.
If you are making personal travel arrangement, please notify the office so we can welcome you at the Commons Building for Residence Hall check-in process.
Last edited on January 24, 2018