A guide for parents
There are many reasons to choose Missouri Western State University for your student. We invite you to come and visit campus and the city of Saint Joseph one day to experience it yourself!
A smart investment:
- Pays dividends or financial returns for a lifetime.
- Good value for a prestigious American degree, and a distinctive university experience.
- An affordable degree that places students on the right path toward Masters’ programs at recognized universities, or finding the next exciting career path.
Safety and well being on the University campus and in the city of Saint Joseph:
- The University that offers seven on-campus residential housing options, many within 10-15 minute walk to class, the University library and other resources.
- University police is available 24 hours, seven days a week and provide security and safety for all residents on campus, and peace of mind to parents.
- University Health Center and Counseling Center provide free services for minor medical needs, managing everyday stress and finding ways to adjust to a new environment and culture.
- Located in a city of 77,000 people just 30 minutes north of a major international airport.
- Students may shop, hang out with friends, and have fun in many interesting places.
- The city offers a variety of restaurants, many museums and recreational parks and is inter-connected by an affordable and reliable transit/bus system as well as taxi services.
Read ADDITIONAL helpful information regarding new student arrival and expectations. Go to “ADMITTED STUDENTS” on the top menu bar, and move the computer cursor down the lists.
Last edited on February 22, 2017.