Orientation Begins on Monday, Aug 20
Attendance and participation is mandatory for all new international students at Missouri Western; failure to participate in all required sessions delays course registration. Some breakfast and lunch are provided throughout the week.
Day/dates: Begins Monday, August 20. Programs begin on time at 9:00 AM everyday. The orientation week officially ends on Friday, August 24.
Bring: Original passport, original I-20 or DS-2019, passport, and letter of admission. Also, bring the Mailing and Physical Address information with you.
Tentative Orientation Agenda:
- Monday – Immigration document check, health immunizations, set-up free wi-fi on campus, open bank account, and on-campus employment opportunities.
- Tuesday – Placement tests, and Undergraduate students scheduled to meet academic advisor and register for classes. Graduate and Transfer student may participate in the Apartment Tour of St Joseph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday – Seminar, lecture, workshops and discussion regarding immigration status, student health insurance, and how to pay tuition/fees to the University. Shopping trip at local Wal-Mart.
- Thursday – Lecture on U.S. immigration regulation, University safety and security Title IX, University police and security support service, library resources, academic integrity and classroom expectations. Mandatory orientation session for Graduate or Master students with the Graduate Dean, Dr. Ben Caldwell.
- Friday – Campus walking tour, and fun group exploration of the city of St Joseph. Welcome luncheon with University President, faculty and staff.
- Saturday (optional) – visit local attraction and free student fun activities.
Last edited on January 22, 2018