Message from Director
Welcome! Selamat Datang!
On behalf of the University, I am delighted to offer our service to the students, faculty and staff at MWSU. Having lived in the United States for over two decades, first as an international student and later as an international educator, I am deeply passionate and committed in international student enrollment, and ensuring student success at the university. A wise person stated . . . Education is what you make of it; it is not a spectator’s sport. Therefore, I challenge each international student to experience, explore, and learn from opportunities outside of classroom along with normal active learning in the classrooms.
The Office of International Center is a resource for international students. Dedicated staffs help guide students through your education experience while at the university. Come visit and allow us the opportunity to learn from you, and for us to guide you through the next few years. Learning is a two-way street, so we would like to know your culture, tradition, and global perspective from you too!
Global engagement activities have included on- and off-campus events:
- Meet the World meet/greet networking and friendship opportunity.
- Annual university International Education Fair event in November.
- Global perspective, friendly discussion, and respectful discourse such us Tea and Talk, international cooking experience, global celebrations, etc.
- Immersive cultural exploration, understanding and respect thru trips to interesting places like Chicago, Missouri Lake Ozark, and Washington D.C.
- New student arrival and orientation
- Cultural adjustment seminar, discussion, or workshop
- Service learning, leadership development, and networking opportunities
- Verification letters to apply for Social Security Card, and/or Driver’s License
- Workshop on Optional Practical Training (OPT), and Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
Check out the website regularly to stay updated on upcoming international events, student mixers, and fun activities. Like us on FaceBook (MWSU International Center) for new and up-to-date events!
Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions; please feel free to contact us at +1-816-271-5981, or email firstname.lastname@example.org