Message from Director
Welcome! Selamat Datang!
On behalf of the University, I am delighted to offer our service to the students, faculty and staff at MWSU. Having lived in the United States for over two decades, first as an international student and later as an international educator, I am deeply passionate and committed in international student enrollment, and ensuring student success at the university. A wise person said to me once . . . Education is what you make of it; it is not a spectator’s sport. Therefore, I challenge each international student to experience, explore, and learn from opportunities outside of classroom as well as active learning in classrooms.
The Office of International Student Services is a resource for international students. Dedicated staffs help guide students through your education experience while at the university. Come visit and allow us the opportunity to learn from you, and for us to guide you through the next few years; Learning is a two way street.
- New student arrival and orientation
- Coordinate airport pick-up for new students
- Cultural adjustment seminar, discussion, or workshop
- Service learning, leadership development, and networking opportunities
- Student Programming, and Global Hot Topics series
- Verification letters to apply for Social Security Card, and/or Driver’s License
- Workshop on Optional Practical Training (OPT), and Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
The most important part of our job is behind the scenes ensuring that international students maintain good immigration legal status while at the university. Check this website regularly to stay updated on upcoming international events, student mixers, and fun activities. Friend ISS on FaceBook (MWSU International Student Services) for new and up-to-date events!
Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions; please feel free to contact us at +1-816-271-5981, or email firstname.lastname@example.org