Housing and meals
University on-campus housing (imagine yourself living on campus!):
- University policy requires Freshman or First year students to live on campus. International Transfer Undergraduate (students who have began college or University) and Graduate/Master students are strongly urged to live on-campus, but not required.
- Safe and convenient; 10-15 minutes walk from classrooms and student support services.
- A variety of floor plan from individual room, shared with roommate, facilities, and affordable cost.
- Healthy delicious meals are included in the housing contract; student s the best plan is the All Access meal plan (and listed cost) which allows students unlimited trips to the Dining Hall. Use Explorer internet browser to open the weblink above, and click on “Meal Plans” tab on the top screen.
- Complete and submit online application HERE.
Private off-campus housing (apartment or house):
- Students are responsible for locating, leasing and signing the appropriate private housing, individually or in a group.
- On average a unfurnished 9-months or 12-months one-bedroom apartment rental is about $650 plus additional cost for utilities (such as water, electricity, Wi-Fi internet, TV cable, heat, etc.), and a 2-bedroom about $800 plus utilities.
- Also, consider mode of daily transportation when considering the apartment location in the city of St Joseph. FREE public bus system provides dependable but limited route options.
- The ISS office encourages students to arrange for on-campus housing for the first year at the University, and plan 6-9 months ahead for the 2nd year off-campus living opportunity.
- Students, parents, guardians or counselors may locate list of private apartments information HERE. However, due to liability issues, the university cannot recommend nor provide arrangement with any particular apartment management.
Last edited on November 28, 2017.