The following are common problems that can be remedied by following the instructions below. Many machines reset themselves when shut off and turned back on. That is always good to try if nothing else works. Please contact Classroom Services at x4395 or report a problem with the "Equipment Trouble Report Form" if you cannot get the problem solved.
Computer monitor is not working
Computer audio is not working
- The Document Camera/Computer Audio on control panel must be selected.
- Volume knob on the control panel must be turned up.
- Audio on the computer control panel may be muted. To Fix: Double-click on the Speaker Volume icon on the lower right of screen, check to see if muted.
Cannot get wireless mouse to work
Laptop computer will not display on the video projector
- Ensure that the VGA cable is plugged into the back of the laptop and the power cord to the laptop is plugged in.
- Make sure "Computer" is selected on the rack.
- Look at the symbols on the Function Keys at the top of the laptop's keyboard. One of them should have the letters "LCD/CRT" or symbols resembling a laptop and a monitor.
- Hold down the Function key as well as that key. There are three different display options. Press those two buttons until the image appears on both the laptop and the video projector.
- If you are in a room with a desktop computer installed, make sure A/B box is selected to laptop. Usually located by the tower.
Video Projector image is rolling
- Switch back and forth between the computer and rack input buttons slowly.
- Try turning the projector off and allow to cool down. (Approx. 1 minute) Turn back on and problem should be corrected.
- Contact Classroom Services if the problem persists.
VCR tape will not play
- Make sure the tape is rewound.
- Ensure that the video projector is turned on, "Rack" input is selected, and "VCR" is also selected.
VCR image is rolling
Cable TV is playing and I can not turn it off
VCR will not show closed captioning
Wireless microphone is not working or is cutting out
Wireless microphone audio is too low or too loud
- Physically move the microphone closer to your mouth, such as on your collar.
- If the audio is too loud, physically move the microphone further from your mouth, such as to your chest.
- If you think there is a problem with the audio level please report it to Classroom Services.
Overhead projector will not light up
- First unplug the projector.
- Then to toggle to a new bulb; open the top cover and rotate the changer knob to the other bulb.
- Close the cover and plug the projector back in.
- Then call Classroom Services at x4395 and let them know that a new bulb needs to be installed.
Overhead projector doesn't focus
Overhead projector image is not big enough
Document camera image is not projecting
- Check the front of the document camera and ensure that the input "Doc Cam" is selected, if not press that button.
- Make sure the video projector is turned on.
- Make sure the Rack button is selected and Document Camera is selected.
- In labs with portable Document Cameras make sure the video projector is turned on and the Video button is selected.
Document camera color is incorrect
Document camera is out of focus
- Press the "AUTO" button under focus to have the document camera focus the image.
- To manually focus the image, use the two "Manu" buttons, "N" and "F".