Instructional Media Center

Frequently Asked Questions

I’m a faculty/staff member and I want to reserve equipment for my class or Missouri Western special event. What do I need to do?

I’m a student who wants to reserve equipment for a class or student organization. What do I need to do?

  • Contact your campus advisor or professor and have him/her call Classroom Services at 271-4395 to request the equipment. (We do not directly reserve equipment for students.)
  • List equipment needed on facility request forms.

How far ahead should I call to reserve equipment?

  • For special events we require two weeks prior to event.
  • For class we require 24 hours prior to the class.

What equipment is available in my classroom or meeting room?

What equipment does Classroom Services have available for me to use?

  • You can view all portable equipment here, or
  • Contact Classroom Services at 271-4395.

What charges are there for equipment and technical support?

  • There are no charges for equipment for Missouri Western classes and events.
  • If an event requires dedicated technicians that are not directly related to a class, there may be a required charge to reimburse for the technicians’ time. You will be contacted if there will be a charge.

What should I do if I cannot get the equipment to work?

  • Contact Classroom Services at 271-4395 for immediate assistance.
  • Specify whether you want someone to interrupt your class to fix the problem or not.

How can I get training?

  • Call Classroom Services at 271-4395 to make an appointment.

How do I report a problem with equipment?

I have a student or event participant that needs closed captioning. How can I get that in my room?

  • Contact Classroom Services at 271-4395.
  • We require 3 days prior to viewing to install the equipment.
  • There is a special piece of equipment that is required for closed captioning.
  • You must have a videotape that has closed captioning information recorded on it.