August 22, 2016
Missouri Western State University announces a National Search for the Associate Dean for the School of Nursing and Health Professions and Director of the Nursing Program. Missouri Western State University, a public university that enrolls nearly 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students, invites applications and nominations for the founding Associate Dean for the School of Nursing and Health Professions and Director of the Nursing Program. This administrator is responsible for providing innovative and visionary leadership for all programs in the School of Nursing and Health Professions and directing the Nursing Program. The Associate Dean for the School of Nursing and Health Professions and Director of the Nursing Program reports to the Dean of the College of Professional Studies. Through innovative and visionary leadership, this administrator facilitates the planning, development, administration, evaluation, and continuous improvement of all academic programs.
These responsibilities include:
• Meeting regulatory and accreditation standards
• Teaching undergraduate or graduate courses
• Managing the financial resources of the School through effective budget planning
• Assessing and managing resource allocations to support programs of high quality
• Sustaining and expanding collaborative partnerships with regional health care providers, nursing leaders, and other health care industry partners
• Supporting faculty in their pursuit of high-quality teaching, faculty research, creative and professional activities
• Advocating for appropriate resources
• Providing mentorship and evaluation of faculty and staff
Candidates must possess an earned doctorate in nursing or a related field, and 10 years of faculty, academic leadership and scholarship, and relevant university teaching and practice experience to warrant appointment as an associate/full professor. An unencumbered registered nurse license in Missouri or eligibility to obtain licensure in Missouri is required.
Application and Nominations Process
Confidential inquiries are welcomed; nominations are invited.
1. To Apply – Applications must include:
• A letter of interest
• Full curriculum vitae
• Unofficial transcripts
• One-page statement of leadership philosophy
• Evidence of teaching and leadership effectiveness
• Complete contact information for at least three references. References will not be contacted without consent from applicants.
• Answers to the required questions at
2. Submit application materials to MissouriWestern@myersmcrae.com
Review of applications is underway. The search continues until the position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications by September 9, 2016.
Nominations should include contact information for the individual being nominated. Submit nominations to: MissouriWesternemail@example.com
For more information regarding this position, please go to: http://www.myersmcrae.com/skins/userfiles/file/MissourWestern.pdf